ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi's Job Status:

LaRocka2012

Scholarship
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2022
Am I the only one on this forum that believes fans calling for Narduzzi's head are insane????

Look, he has faults and the offensive coaching decisions he continue's to make probably will end up being the reason he A.) leaves for another job or B.) is fired in the coming years.

I've just been of the opinion that Pat has done a ton of really great things at Pitt, and think it's premature to call for his firing this quickly. This season is obviously in the dumps but how this team closes out the remaining 5 games will truly determine what outlook Narduzzi and the program have to look forward to in 2024.

Needs to improve:
1.) OC needs to go - There is no question that Cignetti was a huge disaster and because Pitt (looks to) have a guy in #11 they need to get the right coordinator to match with his skill set.
2.) Young guys on defense need to continue to get valuable reps. Play the young d-lineman, continue to play youth at linebacker. The big question on defense will be brand new corners replacing woods, MJ, quis
3.) Strike Gold in transfer portal at WR. One of the continued concerning developments with the offense in general is the WR core at Pitt just has not been good under Narduzzi. I am of the opinion that because he is insanely stubborn in philosphy - he's limited in who actually will play in a system that is always run first.

Bottom line - Pat needs to find a way to get to 5 wins (will be tough) but the keys to a strong program are guys that don't quit and play hard the rest of the year. As long as this team doesn't finish 2-10, 3-9, - I still think Narudzzi is the guy to lead the program. Now if they bottom out, effort falls off, and 2024 is anything less than a bowl game then I fully support for fans to voice outrage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News