ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Super Regionals

Don’t know if it is a result of Pitt baseball having a successful year and me gaining interest in college baseball, but I’m really enjoying the intensity of the tournament this year.
The atmosphere at SEC stadiums is very impressive, especially Mississippi St. The pitchers in the UVA vs DBU are doing a phenomenal job.

Vanderbilt is going to be tough to beat if Leiter and Rocker are on their A-game.

Definitely better than watching the sorry ass Pirates try to get back to back #1 picks in the draft.

I've been watching it more and more the past 6 or 7 years. I watch the opening round like March madness all weekend flipping games.

Really wished pitt made it.

But the atmosphere at miss st and Arkansas are unbelievable.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
College baseball is really the best baseball to watch just let me explain. Right now MLB is going through a massive K or HR debacle with lack of runners and action.

Right now college baseball is just absolutely electric to me. Singles, doubles and stolen bases. Home fan bases being electric, I’ve found myself pulling for Ole miss Hard

Reactions: HOF Coach
College baseball is really the best baseball to watch just let me explain. Right now MLB is going through a massive K or HR debacle with lack of runners and action.

Right now college baseball is just absolutely electric to me. Singles, doubles and stolen bases. Home fan bases being electric, I’ve found myself pulling for Ole miss Hard
Not looking good for Ole Miss.

Vandy will be tough to beat with Leiter and Rocker.

Notre Dame tried to make it a game but getting down 7-1 and 10-2 early was too big of a hill. Entertaining game with 11-7 final. Huge bomb by ND that left the stadium.

I do enjoy the utter lack of Big 10 presence in this sport.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Notre Dame tried to make it a game but getting down 7-1 and 10-2 early was too big of a hill. Entertaining game with 11-7 final. Huge bomb by ND that left the stadium.

I do enjoy the utter lack of Big 10 presence in this sport.
ND should have won game 1 and advanced. They uncharacteristically made 4 errors. Mississippi St has a rabid fan base and rattled ND in the first game.

The atmosphere at SEC stadiums is very impressive, especially Mississippi St. The pitchers in the UVA vs DBU are doing a phenomenal job.

Vanderbilt is going to be tough to beat if Leiter and Rocker are on their A-game.
Miss St's stadium looked incredible.

2 questions:

1. Why is Dallas Baptist D1 for baseball only? That makes no sense because its not like there is a lack of college baseball teams. I thought you had to be D1 in everything or nothing unless you were grandfathered in like Hopkins lacrosse and those PSAC wrestling teams

2. Why was UVa/DB at a neutral site?

1. Why is Dallas Baptist D1 for baseball only? That makes no sense because its not like there is a lack of college baseball teams. I thought you had to be D1 in everything or nothing unless you were grandfathered in like Hopkins lacrosse and those PSAC wrestling teams

2. Why was UVa/DB at a neutral site?

1. You don't have to be D1 in everything or nothing, and you never have. You need to have a minimum number of D1 teams to play D1 basketball and D1 football. If someone wants to play D1 baseball they can. If someone wants to play D1 lacrosse they can.

2. You had to apply to host games in the baseball tournament this year due to covid protocols. Most schools didn't apply (there were only 20 altogether, including us). My guess is that neither Virginia nor Dallas Baptist applied, so they weren't allowed to host.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT