ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska's Ally Batenhorst To The Portal

vantheman1976

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2005
I'm losing track....is she the 4th or 5th Cornhusker to the portal......chalk this one up to Landfair transferring from Minnesota.

Reactions: jctrack
Well, they needed to do something. They had no seniors who were out of eligibility and they have two or three highly rated frosh coming in. They needed at least 3 or 4 players to leave after Landfair transferred in. She is the 4th — and the third OH.

They are portaling so fast I can’t keep up with it. Minutes after I posted “4th” Maggie Mendelson became the 5th Nebraska player to enter the portal and committed to PSU.

You know, Cook bitched about Texas building its team through the portal. But, he builds his team through the portal too: He uses it to get rid of scholarship players who don’t fit into his plans. He had 6 freshmen this year and forced out players to make room for some of them. With no players out of eligibility after this season ended, he recruited 3 freshmen this year and used the portal to force out at least 3 of the 5 players who are transferring if information on the Volleyball message boards is accurate. He has only brought in 12 players in the last 14 years through the portal, but he also has brought in many more HS recruits than he otherwise could have by using the portal.

Last edited:
Batenhorst supposedly wants to go somewhere she can play beach as well as indoor so rules out Pitt there…expectations are either a Texas school or something on the west coast most likely

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT