ADVERTISEMENT

New hire in ops department

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Is Paris Johnson Sr. This is of significance because his son, Paris Johnson Jr., is one of the top sophomores in the country. A huge offensive tackle from St. Xavier in Cincinnati. We could possibly be in the driver seat for him now. Interesting to see how it’ll play out.

https://247sports.com/Player/Paris-Johnson-Jr-46042173 Also, here’s the link to his profile page. Impressive offer sheet already.

GOOD GOD, what a hire by HCPN. Got to think we're the favorites for his son now right? Could you freakin imaine that line of Zub, Kradel, and Johnson? Hell! You'd only need those three guys to create holes!!! The puppet master is at work yet again. In HCPN we trust! Good luck to all the other teams in the coastal going forward, I just dont see us losing more than 1 game to any of those other scrub teams. HAIL!!!!

Wow thats great news! Duzz finally getting his hands dirty I love it. That is how the game is played.

Why is this getting his hands dirty? It would be if he was not qualified and hired him only because Paris Jr. is his son, but he coached DBs on the college level last, and worked at Mich St before that while PN was DC there. He also played a short time with the AZ Cardinals. Narduzzi has hired guys like this before. It will end up a great move if he does a good job and his son becomes a Panther.

Last edited:
Why is this getting his hands dirty? It would be if he was not qualified and hired him only because Paris Jr. is his son, but he coached DBs on the college level last, and worked at Mich St before that while PN was DC there. He also played a short time with the AZ Cardinals. Narduzzi has hired guys like this before. It will end up a great move if he does a good job and his son becomes a Panther.

He hired him to get his son. He did it right before the 2 year grace period would kick in where he wouldn't have been able to recruit his son to Pitt. It was a smart decision.

He hired him to get his son. He did it right before the 2 year grace period would kick in where he wouldn't have been able to recruit his son to Pitt. It was a smart decision.

Even if true, no guarantee with the kid's offers that the will go to Pitt. Nard had a relationship with the guy from MSU days, and he also had coached DBs. he had some qualities of a PN hire. Narduzzi could easily justify his choice.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Even if true, no guarantee with the kid's offers that the will go to Pitt. Nard had a relationship with the guy from MSU days, and he also had coached DBs. he had some qualities of a PN hire. Narduzzi could easily justify his choice.

He doesn't need to justify it. I think fans would prefer if he hired SR to get JR to come to Pitt. Assistant Director of Ops is fluff admin position usually filled by former managers or GAs it doesn't require an extensive resume.

Reactions: ratking17
A 5 star OL in Ohio isn't coming to Pitt.

But if he did, can he use his dad's employee tuition benefit and allow Pitt to use an extra scholarship?
He is unlikely to be a 5 star, but still a highly recruited prospect. He may come to Pitt, if his Dad is here.

No, he could not.

You guys hear that? The smell crystal balls being put in in the not so distance future for the top soph OL? You dont? Oh, well their coming!!! H2P!!!!!

Reactions: SanDiegoRamsMan
Amen. Let's all be adults here. If this guy's kid wasn't a 4* prospect, he wouldn't have been hired. To quote Hyman Roth: "This is the business we've chosen..."

Reactions: Saboteur

But if he did, can he use his dad's employee tuition benefit and allow Pitt to use an extra scholarship?

ummm... yeah....

First off, the kid already spoke very highly of Pitt. Second, now is dad is working there. Not saying he is Pitt bound, but you would have to think we would be the leader.

Why would you not think so? Does Pitt not make NFL calibre OL and players? We certainly do. If a 2 star guy we can mold into a possible first round pick, then a 5 star guy we certainly can as well.

Good move!
How many more dads can we hire so we get their kids?

Ditch all the computers, make everything manual, this will create a demand for labor just like the Chinese do to keep their population busy.

It might be possible to add 6 or more dads, I mean football positions to the payroll.

They can work from home, and mail in their work quarterly only during football season!

They can spend the rest of the year training online at home, on sabatical or learning a second language via Rosseta Stone that's always helpful?
Perfect!

"it's five o' clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Bufffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Great move, that hopefully pays off with his work and getting the son.
Jp - do you know what the new rules are with recruiting like this...I know Michigan got in hot water because JH was hiring everyone and their mother, literally, if they were a highly ranked kid - but only to support, non field type positions. I know the NCAA created new rules because of this...I'm not sure if we're even allowed to recruit him or not now

Jp - do you know what the new rules are with recruiting like this...I know Michigan got in hot water because JH was hiring everyone and their mother, literally, if they were a highly ranked kid - but only to support, non field type positions. I know the NCAA created new rules because of this...I'm not sure if we're even allowed to recruit him or not now
I believe you have to hire the relative or coach 2 years ahead of HS graduation or 2 years after enrollment for any off field job. It does not apply to on field positions. I am not sure if this would preclude him from enrolling in January of 2020 as an early enrollee.

So, do they move into the Pine Richland school district, or does Jr go to PCC?
Sr coached in Georgia the past two years while Jr was in Ohio. Would be good if he moved to PCC but he might just stay at his school on Ohio

They were going to fill the position and Sr. seems to check the boxes so I'd be pretty certain he was hired for more than just recruiting his son. I'm sure it didn't hurt his chances, but I'd actually be really concerned if that's why he was hired for that position. Winters helped a good deal in recruiting.

Football is a head count sport so he would count because he was a recruited athlete.

Amen. Let's all be adults here. If this guy's kid wasn't a 4* prospect, he wouldn't have been hired. To quote Hyman Roth: "This is the business we've chosen..."
I disagree. The guy is more than qualified for the position and it not a position that you expect a coach to stick around long. Unless he gets promoted I highly doubt he around in two years when his son enrolls. This is the type of position that is low pay that people use to break into the FBS level.

Reactions: bwh05
GOOD GOD, what a hire by HCPN. Got to think we're the favorites for his son now right? Could you freakin imaine that line of Zub, Kradel, and Johnson? Hell! You'd only need those three guys to create holes!!! The puppet master is at work yet again. In HCPN we trust! Good luck to all the other teams in the coastal going forward, I just dont see us losing more than 1 game to any of those other scrub teams. HAIL!!!!
Dad
I disagree. The guy is more than qualified for the position and it not a position that you expect a coach to stick around long. Unless he gets promoted I highly doubt he around in two years when his son enrolls. This is the type of position that is low pay that people use to break into the FBS level.
He'll be around in two years because Narduzzi will find the money to keep him around. However if the kid signs on with one of the high powered programs(OSU, PSU, ND etc) dads employment at Pitt may be short lived.

Reactions: SempleFest06

Once JR commits he will probably get promoted to position coach...

Once JR commits he will probably get promoted to position coach...
If Narduzzi is that desperate that he going to fire a position coach to land a offensive tackle he probably not going to be at Pitt that much longer. If you do that he going to have a hard time finding quality assistant coaches. Would you want to work for a guy who fires people to bring in a recruits father? Secondly it indicates that he not getting the job done on the recruiting trail. If you are getting in done the the normal recruiting you don’t have to worry about landing one kid.

If Narduzzi is that desperate that he going to fire a position coach to land a offensive tackle he probably not going to be at Pitt that much longer. If you do that he going to have a hard time finding quality assistant coaches. Would you want to work for a guy who fires people to bring in a recruits father? Secondly it indicates that he not getting the job done on the recruiting trail. If you are getting in done the the normal recruiting you don’t have to worry about landing one kid.

I didn't advocate firing anyone. There is natural turnover at the position coach level in college football. He isn't getting the job done on the recruiting trail currently to take the program to the level he wants it to be at. He knows that and is getting creative to try and use every resource available to improve it. That is what good coaches do.

ADVERTISEMENT