ADVERTISEMENT

NEW PITT STADIUM!

Exactly. The old stadium had plenty of empty metal on those brutal benches.

And what about access in and out of Oakland? I love the idea of an on campus stadium but even though it’s been a while the nightmare of getting in and out of there is still fresh. It sucks going to a hoop game (or should I say sucked as it may not now). Even at 40k that’s 3x plus a few of what the Pete can hold.

And what about access in and out of Oakland? I love the idea of an on campus stadium but even though it’s been a while the nightmare of getting in and out of there is still fresh. It sucks going to a hoop game (or should I say sucked as it may not now). Even at 40k that’s 3x plus a few of what the Pete can hold.
Access, this is the one that I don't get....there are six games a year...where the hell do you have to get to (especially if you are married)? Sit down, have a beer. Grab a bite to eat. Pretty soon you will be able to legally light up a doobie. Relax for a couple hours and let the traffic pass. That is pretty much what I used to do back in the day.

Access, this is the one that I don't get....there are six games a year...where the hell do you have to get to (especially if you are married)? Sit down, have a beer. Grab a bite to eat. Pretty soon you will be able to legally light up a doobie. Relax for a couple hours and let the traffic pass. That is pretty much what I used to do back in the day.

I did too but life changes. I can’t do that now. And I’m sure there are plenty of people who can’t. And I’m guessing today people are busier than ever with work and taking their kids to “play dates”, their own games and goodness knows what else.

Oh, the old traffic chestnut. LOL Have you ever been to a football game at PSU? You have no idea what real traffic is. If you have half a brain, you can be out of Oakland in 15 minutes, regardless of the size of the crowd. But honestly, what do you care about traffic? Are you not one of those "fans" that leaves early to beat the traffic any way? LOL If you want crowds, expect some traffic. Don't like traffic, stay in your basement and watch the game on television. Hail to Pitt!

Oh, the old traffic chestnut. LOL Have you ever been to a football game at PSU? You have no idea what real traffic is. If you have half a brain, you can be out of Oakland in 15 minutes, regardless of the size of the crowd. But honestly, what do you care about traffic? Are you not one of those "fans" that leaves early to beat the traffic any way? LOL If you want crowds, expect some traffic. Don't like traffic, stay in your basement and watch the game on television. Hail to Pitt!

No I’ve never been to PSU. And no, I don’t leave games early. Not Pitt, Steelers, Pirates or Pens. How you think you know anything about me or anyone else is laughable.

As to the rest of your typically condescending tone - go eff yourself. Douchebag.

We could park on the north shore and take the new BRT to Oakland. (as long as pirates aren't playing).

I did too but life changes. I can’t do that now. And I’m sure there are plenty of people who can’t. And I’m guessing today people are busier than ever with work and taking their kids to “play dates”, their own games and goodness knows what else.
did I mention six games a year to wait out two hours per for traffic to clear for Dear Old Pitt? Seems to me hanging around a couple days a year to enjoy yourself would be a "busy life" stress reliever.

Reactions: PITTLAW
No I’ve never been to PSU. And no, I don’t leave games early. Not Pitt, Steelers, Pirates or Pens. How you think you know anything about me or anyone else is laughable.

As to the rest of your typically condescending tone - go eff yourself. Douchebag.

Apparently touched a nerve...lol. Was not really speaking to you personally, only to the opinion you expressed which is shared by so many snowflakes. Going to a live sporting event in any venue in the world requires some time investment for travel, parking and ingress/egress to the venue. IF the tradeoff in time of being there in person is not worth it to you--as I said, stay in your basement and watch it on television. But back to the message, going to a big time college football game always involves traffic, including at Heinz Field when people actually show up. Hail to Pitt!

Building a stadium in Oakland will not be done to increase attendance. At least not in the short term. Long term I think it increases.

Everything is covered in the new pitt stadium plan.

did I mention six games a year to wait out two hours per for traffic to clear for Dear Old Pitt? Seems to me hanging around a couple days a year to enjoy yourself would be a "busy life" stress reliever.

THERE ARE 10,000 AVAILABLE PARKING PLACES WITHIN ONE BLOCK OF THE NEW PITT STADIUM (LOCATED AT THE OC LOT), AND 5,000 MORE PARKING SPACES WITHIN 5 BLOCKS.

Bingo!!!!

Not for other schools. They consistently fill their stadiums and do so with far bigger traffic issues. Ask Clemson fans.

I think parking in Oakland is made out to be a bigger issue than it really would be. However, the new Pitt Stadium plan website includes all of CMU's parking lots in their map of marking areas. It is highly unlikely CMU is going to give all the parking up to Pitt on game days.

This may have been discussed here before, but does anyone know what this plan is? Is it intended to be a joke and I'm the last one in?

It obviously took some middle school kids a significant amount of time to make this. No A&E firm would ever put their name on something like that, which I assume explains the free email addresses and made up company name on the cover page. What has me confused is that it seems like a great deal of work invested just to spark some message board arguments every few weeks. It just doesn't seem like they payoff is there for the work put into a joke like that. I'd love to know what's really behind it all.

It reminds me of that fake letter from NASA in response to the (also fake) proposal submitted for a Coke/Mentos rocket launch.

This may have been discussed here before, but does anyone know what this plan is? Is it intended to be a joke and I'm the last one in?

It obviously took some middle school kids a significant amount of time to make this. No A&E firm would ever put their name on something like that, which I assume explains the free email addresses and made up company name on the cover page. What has me confused is that it seems like a great deal of work invested just to spark some message board arguments every few weeks. It just doesn't seem like they payoff is there for the work put into a joke like that. I'd love to know what's really behind it all.

It reminds me of that fake letter from NASA in response to the (also fake) proposal submitted for a Coke/Mentos rocket launch.

The world class web site isn't enough to convince you it's real?

Reactions: eastcoasthoops

The world class web site isn't enough to convince you it's real?

For some dumb reason I finally clicked on that link earlier. My first thought was it was someone’s 8th grade project. I’m in the camp that thinks this will never happen in my lifetime. But if I’m wrong I have a hard time believing this very amateurish “plan” will be connected in any way.

For some dumb reason I finally clicked on that link earlier. My first thought was it was someone’s 8th grade project. I’m in the camp that thinks this will never happen in my lifetime. But if I’m wrong I have a hard time believing this very amateurish “plan” will be connected in any way.
OC lot is all fill will not work

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT