ADVERTISEMENT

NFL scout on James Franklin

Um, they were in position to tie or go ahead with less than 2 minutes to go. Regardless of the reason for that, it happened. How can you say that Pitt demolished them? Why the need to exaggerate?

Personally... it was really a demolition, I mean, this was like the Pitt-ND game last year. ND controlled the game the whole way, ND was up 28-10 and had a yards advantage at that time of 320 to 138. We came back because of opening up trying to catch up and end up losing by 10 and only had like 30 some yards less than them. Does that mean we played as well as they did??? No... it means they went conservative and won the game. Coaches dont give a rats butt if they win the game by 60 or 6... if you are up big, they tend to want to run clock, limit risk of injury and hope to get the W as quick as possible. Again, after that game all the negative ninnies were saying we were blown out on national TV... bla bla bla.

It isnt an exaggeration to say we demolished Penn State. We whipped them from the opening whistle and controlled the game. We came out totally prepared and executed the game plan on both sides of the ball beautifully. The final score was not indicative of the game.

Not good though if NFL scoutseason don't like your coach. Sends you back a few notches on the Ole board

Personally... it was really a demolition, I mean, this was like the Pitt-ND game last year. ND controlled the game the whole way, ND was up 28-10 and had a yards advantage at that time of 320 to 138. We came back because of opening up trying to catch up and end up losing by 10 and only had like 30 some yards less than them. Does that mean we played as well as they did??? No... it means they went conservative and won the game. Coaches dont give a rats butt if they win the game by 60 or 6... if you are up big, they tend to want to run clock, limit risk of injury and hope to get the W as quick as possible. Again, after that game all the negative ninnies were saying we were blown out on national TV... bla bla bla.

It isnt an exaggeration to say we demolished Penn State. We whipped them from the opening whistle and controlled the game. We came out totally prepared and executed the game plan on both sides of the ball beautifully. The final score was not indicative of the game.

That demolition made a lot of Pitt fans very, very nervous in the last two minutes of that game. Not disputing your point; just sayin'....

Jacobs, I'm a Pitt fan and I absolutely LOVED the game Saturday! The best part was HAWK trolling McSorely in the post game presser. CLASSIC! That is what a good rivalry is all about and I'm 100% for Pitt any time they play the Nits.

...Now, unlike the rest of Panther nation, I normally wouldn't care at all about what PSU does the rest of the season. They can win the rest of them or lose the rest of them and I'm 100% cool with it either way. HOWEVER, I became somewhat of a Franklin fan while living in Nashville. I lived there the entire time he was at Vandy. I would like to see him do well, with the exception of the next 3 games against Pitt.

I don't know anything new that came out about Joe. I've spent most of the summer out of the country. Nor do I give a damn, as I'm not a PSU fan & I'm not one that thinks Joe Paterno walks on water. In fact, he's been pushing up daisies for over 4 years. They can build statues and kiss his bronze arse or piss on his grave. I could care less.

I don't believe you! Have a good day and enjoy those PSU wins against OSU, MSU and Michigan. Those should get you into the top 10 and possible playoff birth.

Demolished them? They had over 400 yds. It was a 3 point game and they were a dropped pass away from pulling it out, despite 4 turnovers.

No, it wasn't a demolition, but Pitt physically dominated them. 351 yd rushing says a lot. Pitt did let PSU back in the game, and both teams handed the other opportunities, but Pitt in no way should have lost this game.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Giving them some credit for 15-20 years ago, etc., but your point is accurate for the last 10 years or so. They have 31 former players on NFL rosters, which is actually a decent number for a program that resides outside the top 20 for a number of years now. This speaks directly to the lack of coaching quality however. For comparison, Pitt has 11 and this is the lowest number I've seen, clearly reflective of the coaching instability of 5-7 years ago. Typically in year past we averaged around 15-18 during later Wannstedt years.

Back to Penn State. Of the 31, 5 are offensive linemen,3-TE, 2-WR and 2-QB's, totaling 12 on the offensive side of the ball. No running backs and 2 receivers tells you all you need to know about the program being the black hole of offensive proficiency and unworthy of declaring themselves, NFL developmental. Conventional thinking suggests if you don't pass well, you're probably a good running team. No so here. A culture (that spans decades btw) of plodders, all operating under the pretense of "we are"............ We are fraudulence
Look at Penn States record against Ohio State and Michigan since PSU JOINED THE BIG TEN.
They are playing at a .33 percentage.
At that rate, Joe would be at 154!

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Actually Barkley is example one of the point this scout guy was making.

Barkely was the only reason they didn't blown out, his scrapping 4-5 yards off of handoffs with him standing still and Panthers all around him.

That offense is is horrible for a RB, and only with his sheer talent does he still get yardage.

Hell, if Barkley had the room to work with that the Pitt backs had for the most part Saturday he might have 300 yards himself.

Barkley is a heck of a player, but I agree... that offense is not good for a RB like him.

For the most part I agree. Pitt was able to score after a PSU score and kept taking the game from a single digit back to a double digit win. PSU was able to get a stop or two but Pitt didn't run and jet sweeps or whitehead in the 2nd half. It was a very conservative game plan in the second half.

funny thing is nitter's will tell you it doesn't matter if franklin is just a figure head/recruiter because morehead and pry will run the offense and defense. Problem is you can bet that if those guys have success they will want to run their own programs and thats not something that you can just match their salary. They will want to prove they can do it on their own. When they leave you will have to find another coach. Now every program has this a bit, but with PN the defense is his. When Conklin leaves it will still be PN defense with the same style of play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT