ADVERTISEMENT

Nicholls State game thread

Its over.
That sucked
Gotta learn who your players are and get them to do what they can do best.

Maybe play the walk on PG a minute or two to show the stars how to run offense.

Some big missed free throws today.

Reactions: Drew1208
Going to be a fun few days on here...
Yep. Johnson and McGowens are still young and raw and that has been evident the first 2games. It’s going to be that kind of season I think. This team will jump up and beat people and also have a few more of these days. It all leads to the .500 or slightly above .500 season that 90% of us predicted all along.

Reactions: Drew1208
How can you not get too down?
We lost to a nobody team picked to finish 11th in whatever the f league they are in...how can you take any positives out of this other than a reality check?

Reactions: Large Panther
Yep. Johnson and McGowens are still young and raw and that has been evident the first 2games. It’s going to be that kind of season I think. This team will jump up and beat people and also have a few more of these days. It all leads to the .500 or slightly above .500 season that 90% of us predicted all along.
Too many turnovers. Too few shooters. Same as last year. They'll improve though.

We had no threat from the wings all game with Murphy running point. Can’t win too many basketball games when your 3 top forwards combine for 11 points

Does anyone want the ball in Toney's hands down three and less than 30 seconds left?

How can you not get too down?
We lost to a nobody team picked to finish 11th in whatever the f league they are in...how can you take any positives out of this other than a reality check?

Nichols was highly underrated, IMH0. They added a couple of transfers who are deadly 3-ball shooters they didn’t have last year. Shot 11 for 24 on 3s today after making 8 of 20 vs Illinois. They might well win their league unless this was simply a two straight game fluke. Came back from 11 down at half to Illinois by scoring 47 2nd half points to put that game in OT before eventually losing.

If they keep playing at this level they will be a top 100 team vs the ~ #294 Team Sagarin had them rated pre-season.

Going to be a fun few days on here...

I told you what the problem was with this team during the FSU game.

didn’t see this game but from reading this thread looks like Nichols made the open shots that FSU missed. And that McGowens is still a low basketball IQ player along with most of the rest of the team. And I blame coaching and discipline for that

I told you what the problem was with this team during the FSU game.

didn’t see this game but from reading this thread looks like Nichols made the open shots that FSU missed. And that McGowens is still a low basketball IQ player along with most of the rest of the team. And I blame coaching and discipline for that
Nicholls had way too many open looks. Pitt defended 10x better against FSU.

They had their chances but sloppy turnovers and poor rebounding cost them.

I wouldn’t get too down. The good news is that the addition of Murphy and Champaign are pretty significant and brown is much improved. If the can get trey and X on track this team might be decent. Toney has to elevate his play as well.

Maybe. Possibly the FSU win was a mirage like last year...but losing to that team...really?
Other than EVERYTHING they threw up went in...
They had luck on their side for sure.why? Like you said, everything they threw up went in.this team misses Kene more than we know.

Something not talked about is the fact they gave up 19 offensive rebounds. That’s a problem they had last year. They won’t win that many games if they continue to do that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT