ADVERTISEMENT

51 weeks ago today

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
This is pretty tasty. You guys are something else.

Ill own up to it.

That first half of basketball was the worst first half of basketball I had ever seen from Pitt. And there were plenty to choose from in the Stallings years and other years.

To be down 10 points at home deep in the first half to one of the worst teams in all of D1 basketball is beyond inexcusable.

The effort in that first half was a complete disgrace from the coaches to the players. These guys came out of the gate like they didn't have a care in the world in regards to the game.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Ill own up to it.

That first half of basketball was the worst first half of basketball I had ever seen from Pitt. And there were plenty to choose from in the Stallings years and other years.

To be down 10 points at home deep in the first half to one of the worst teams in all of D1 basketball is beyond inexcusable.

The effort in that first half was a complete disgrace from the coaches to the players. These guys came out of the gate like they didn't have a care in the world in regards to the game.
Regardless of the sport, losing to AlabamaSt is almost impossible to do. So I get it. I guess I’m more in awe of those in the fan base who lost faith in Capel, even before this game. Reactions like this during this game in the heat of the moment, is excusable. It’s all of the other foot stomping that irritated me. We are seeing it now with Pickett. People want to blame him but refuse to consider all of the factors around him that are contributing to the performances. The cards were stacked against JC like nothing we’ve ever seen.

That was a truly reprehensible performance. That Alabama State team was every bit as bad as North Carolina A&T (finished #350 in kenpom), and they had a 12 point lead with 5:00 to play in the first half. Pitt didn’t take the lead until the under 16 timeout of the second half.

Reactions: Vader_Storm
That was a truly reprehensible performance. That Alabama State team was every bit as bad as North Carolina A&T (finished #350 in kenpom), and they had a 12 point lead with 5:00 to play in the first half. Pitt didn’t take the lead until the under 16 timeout of the second half.

I don't ever remember being so angry at a single performance such as that one. There is just no excuse in the world for any athlete not to put in effort to try and win the game unless they are getting paid off to shave points.

If Bob Knight was coaching our team, one of our own players would have got hit with a chair in the first half.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT