ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Reaches Women’s Soccer Team

Let’s hope we don’t see some NIL deal with strip clubs.
Well, the attractiveness of the female athlete will surely be exploited by some. I would expect some female athletes to land lucrative bikini/lingerie gigs. There will be a playboy cover girl also before too long

I think it's great that these ladies have the opportunity to capitalize on their production as college athletes. That said, I suspect that this particular deal, given the presence of a discount code, is probably more commission-based than anything else. You see this a lot on social media - the person posting the code only gets paid if people actually buy the product and use the personalized discount code in doing so. It's possible that she got a small bonus or advance in addition to commissions from coded purchases, though.

What I think is more possible with the Pitt ladies is to see the local players making appearances at or otherwise promoting some of the soccer stores in the area. Shupansky, the North Allegheny grad, promoting the soccer store off 19 in McCandless, for example. And, of course, they can be compensated for appearances at camps and things like that. I think the local players will have a lot more marketability in that context.

Reactions: mike412
I think it's great that these ladies have the opportunity to capitalize on their production as college athletes. That said, I suspect that this particular deal, given the presence of a discount code, is probably more commission-based than anything else. You see this a lot on social media - the person posting the code only gets paid if people actually buy the product and use the personalized discount code in doing so. It's possible that she got a small bonus or advance in addition to commissions from coded purchases, though.

What I think is more possible with the Pitt ladies is to see the local players making appearances at or otherwise promoting some of the soccer stores in the area. Shupansky, the North Allegheny grad, promoting the soccer store off 19 in McCandless, for example. And, of course, they can be compensated for appearances at camps and things like that. I think the local players will have a lot more marketability in that context.
I think camps and private lessons are where most of these kids can make the most money. That said, it wouldn't be much money, just spending money basically but that's better than nothing.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Just curious how these NIL deals are working? I was wondering if maybe she is a superstar or something.
She’s not a superstar but she is a very good kid and player who exudes everything you want out of an athlete representing your school. I’m struggling to find a good comparison on the football or basketball side. But our crop of local players on this roster can all be thrown in a bag and shaken around, and a different one will come out on top each time. They’re all good players and it’s pretty apparent how well coached they are too.
We’ve also had players like that come around the last 20 years too. It just shows how coaching can change things. The previous staff if still here would still be overlooking these players. As a matter of fact, some of them who are starring now were commited to or transferred from mid majors. That says a lot.

She’s not a superstar but she is a very good kid and player who exudes everything you want out of an athlete representing your school. I’m struggling to find a good comparison on the football or basketball side. But our crop of local players on this roster can all be thrown in a bag and shaken around, and a different one will come out on top each time. They’re all good players and it’s pretty apparent how well coached they are too.
We’ve also had players like that come around the last 20 years too. It just shows how coaching can change things. The previous staff if still here would still be overlooking these players. As a matter of fact, some of them who are starring now were commited to or transferred from mid majors. That says a lot.
Jeffress is pretty far and away the semi-local kid on the basketball team who I think will have a number of opportunities either here or in Erie if he takes even a small step forward this year.

Will the Title IX people complain WHEN females don't get as much as male football and basketball players?

Will the Title IX people complain WHEN females don't get as much as male football and basketball players?

th

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT