ADVERTISEMENT

With the UNC AD being the vice chair

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
You know the committee will be closing watching with him tonight as UNC is going for the 4th #1 seed. If Pitt loses a close game to an elite team while ALSO having good enough metrics, the UNC AD could be like, "guys, lets be real here. Pitt is better than Dayton or Indiana State or New Mexico or whoever." You just saw it. Also, I wonder if subconscious human nature would influence the committee to not "disrespect" the vice chair by taking only 4 teams from the #4 NET league and taking 6 from the #7 NET league.

I'm sure he can try to sway, but officially I didn't think he could speak to ACC teams.

If Pitt can at worst keep it competitive and a single-digit loss, I like our chances.

We can't have a game like the Duke game in last year's ACC Tourney that almost knocked us out of the tourney.

Looked it up.

Apparently they must leave when UNC is discussed. Allowed in the room when ACC teams are discussed but can only speak when asked questions (I'm sure that's respected 🙄).

I think he has to leave the room when discussing UNC. But not when discussing other ACC teams.

Right. Just hope we dont get completely blown out. Like even a 15 point loss should be ok. But this team does have is blowout prone when we arent hitting.

The dude is the vice chair. His team is a 1 or 2 seed. The ACC is 4 in the NET. How could they justify only 4 teams in?

Reactions: buckage
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT