ADVERTISEMENT

NIT could have a lot of local interest this year

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
All of the following teams are in contention for the NIT:

Pitt: need 5 more wins which wont be easy

Duquesne: should win a lot of games in a really bad A10

WVU: will be really tough without Konate but they have a chance. I would bet against them doing it though.

RMU: leading the NEC. Could get the auto bid by winning the regular season and losing in the conference tournament.

TCU: 2-4 in Big 12, good NET ranking but no real quality wins. Pitt vs TCU in the NIT could be fun.

Wvu couldn't win the Psac this year.My Vulcans would give them a game and IUP would stomp them.Now next year Huggy will be a bubble team.

Lets throw in Sean Miller and Arizona, Dan Hurley and Uconn if they even make the nit, Bob Hurley and ASU, and Archie Miller and Indiana. 4 of the most overrated coaches in college basketball. Rather watch Arizona in the NIT as opposed to getting blown out by Buffalo or some other midmajor again this year.

Beating Kansas kind of destroys this theory :)
I was at the game and believe me Kansas isn't a top 20 team.This is the worst Wvu team since Catlett's 2001-02 team that went 1-15 in the Big East.That team would beat this year's team by 10.Huggy has problems.bwdik

I was at the game and believe me Kansas isn't a top 20 team.This is the worst Wvu team since Catlett's 2001-02 team that went 1-15 in the Big East.That team would beat this year's team by 10.Huggy has problems.bwdik

I agree its the worst WVU team in a long time (even with Konate). Remember I said that after you beat us? I dont see any young talent coming up either. If Konate comes back....with him and Tshiebwe, could be an NCAAT again.

Konate isn't coming back.I exaggerated a little about Wvu.This team is better than the 2001-2 team and probably equal to the 2012-13 team that went 13-19.I see 5 more wins unless Konate comes back.Freshman Calver(6'9") is a stud averaging 12pts and 8 rbs a game.Huggy suspended him the first 10 games.Him and Oscar will cause problems next year in the paint.But who will get them the ball,I'm out of eligibility.

Lets throw in Sean Miller and Arizona, Dan Hurley and Uconn if they even make the nit, Bob Hurley and ASU, and Archie Miller and Indiana. 4 of the most overrated coaches in college basketball. Rather watch Arizona in the NIT as opposed to getting blown out by Buffalo or some other midmajor again this year.
Bob Hurley no longer your boy after making your love affair with ASU look foolish last season, Steele?

Reactions: Pitt_Paws 724
All of the following teams are in contention for the NIT:

Pitt: need 5 more wins which wont be easy

Duquesne: should win a lot of games in a really bad A10

WVU: will be really tough without Konate but they have a chance. I would bet against them doing it though.

RMU: leading the NEC. Could get the auto bid by winning the regular season and losing in the conference tournament.

TCU: 2-4 in Big 12, good NET ranking but no real quality wins. Pitt vs TCU in the NIT could be fun.

It would take a miracle finish. This team is on pace to lose 18+ games. 1-17 in the Big 12 is looking more and more realistic unless we get someone at home on a bad night.

Would lol if we managed to go 2-16 with both being KU.

Konate isn't coming back.I exaggerated a little about Wvu.This team is better than the 2001-2 team and probably equal to the 2012-13 team that went 13-19.I see 5 more wins unless Konate comes back.Freshman Calver(6'9") is a stud averaging 12pts and 8 rbs a game.Huggy suspended him the first 10 games.Him and Oscar will cause problems next year in the paint.But who will get them the ball,I'm out of eligibility.

Dipping into the transfer/JUCO bargain bin

It would take a miracle finish. This team is on pace to lose 18+ games. 1-17 in the Big 12 is looking more and more realistic unless we get someone at home on a bad night.

Would lol if we managed to go 2-16 with both being KU.

It's funny, and it is why I hate you guys and also admire you at the same time, no matter how bad you are, you can muster up the hatred at least twice a year to transfer energy to your team. You did it against us (albeit with a Konate which may have cost him the season) and Kansas. How do you guys do this?

It's funny, and it is why I hate you guys and also admire you at the same time, no matter how bad you are, you can muster up the hatred at least twice a year to transfer energy to your team. You did it against us (albeit with a Konate which may have cost him the season) and Kansas. How do you guys do this?
Lots of alcohol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT