ADVERTISEMENT

No big deal - On to the next game

I can't listen to that joker. He's so cavalier about the poor performance of this team under his leadership, if you can call it that. He spouts off canned answers to questions, dismisses how poor the team's and his performance are, and doesn't really answer questions or show any emotion about how bad Pitt is right now. Does he even care?

Reactions: gary2
What can he say other than they played well and we sucked and it’s time to move on .

Saying we don’t have enough talent serves no one !

What can he say other than they played well and we sucked and it’s time to move on .

Saying we don’t have enough talent serves no one !
How about our performance was not acceptable and will not be tolerated? I promise to do my best to see it iisnt repeated and does not become a trend. I refuse to lose this team.

Shower it off, on to the next game, my ass.

Reactions: Farnox
How about our performance was not acceptable and will not be tolerated? I promise to do my best to see it iisnt repeated and does not become a trend. I refuse to lose this team.

Shower it off, on to the next game, my ass.
I’m sure his message to his players was different than the one he gave to the media.

I’m sure his message to his players was different than the one he gave to the media.

It hasn't seemed that way all year. Does he put his team through the kind of practices that previous Pitt teams had that prepared them for games? It certainly doesn't look that way. They're unprepared, disorganized, and soft with no leadership on or off the court. How do you think the players are feeling knowing they have no leadership and a coach who is a dead man walking?

The lack of talent is obvious. But good coaching can make up for that to some extent. But with this Pitt program under Capel, we don't even have that.

Reactions: Farnox
Right. Jamie could (but never did) say something like that and easily get away with it during the good years.

Capel is in nowhere near that situation.

What Capel said and how he responded to questions was idiotic and inappropriate. He has no room whatsoever to be so cavalier about his performance and this team's performance. It's an embarrassment.

Reactions: gary2
It hasn't seemed that way all year. Does he put his team through the kind of practices that previous Pitt teams had that prepared them for games? It certainly doesn't look that way. They're unprepared, disorganized, and soft with no leadership on or off the court. How do you think the players are feeling knowing they have no leadership and a coach who is a dead man walking?

The lack of talent is obvious. But good coaching can make up for that to some extent. But with this Pitt program under Capel, we don't even have that.
If your not in the practice you have no idea what happens there ( just saying ).

Screaming at your players every time they makes mistakes they learn to tune you out .

Think about it , he watches practices everyday as does his staff , they know better than anyone else that they’re limited offensively . They can’t shoot and they turn the ball over what ya goin to do !

I’m sure they’re more pissed about how they played D . I’m sure they’ll hear about that in practice.

ps .. Think Big Ben didn’t know his offensive line couldn’t block , but what ya going to do . ( throw quicker than anyone else so you can still walk in retirement is what you do ! ) . Publicly complaining gets you nowhere . There’s just not much you can do without enough talent .

What Capel said and how he responded to questions was idiotic and inappropriate. He has no room whatsoever to be so cavalier about his performance and this team's performance. It's an embarrassment.
Saying your team played awful isn’t being cavalier .

Saying Clemson played well is accurate. It wasn’t just one guy their 5 starters all made 3’s and they combined to shoot 11/15 .

If your not in the practice you have no idea what happens there ( just saying ).

Screaming at your players every time they makes mistakes they learn to tune you out .

Think about it , he watches practices everyday as does his staff , they know better than anyone else that they’re limited offensively . They can’t shoot and they turn the ball over what ya goin to do !

I’m sure they’re more pissed about how they played D . I’m sure they’ll hear about that in practice.

ps .. Think Big Ben didn’t know his offensive line couldn’t block , but what ya going to do . ( throw quicker than anyone else so you can still walk in retirement is what you do ! ) . Publicly complaining gets you nowhere . There’s just not much you can do without enough talent .

You play like you practice. I'm am never one for screaming and yelling at players. You can't build them up by tearing them down, as a previous coach was always fond of saying. But the coach is responsible for putting these kids through tough, productive practices. He isn't doing that, as is obvious from the results on the court.

You are correct...he has zero talent to work with. That is also on him and there are no excuses for the lack of talent on this team and the probability that we have none coming in also. Like I said before, a good coach can help to put a team together that can at least give some effort and get results, even with little talent. Capel is incapable of doing that. His results over the last 4 years (seems longer than that) prove that.

I’m not panicking, bad games happen to everyone.
Why would anyone panic? This team isn’t any good and hasn’t been any good under Capel. It’s not like there was some sudden falloff.

They’ll probably play good enough to win another game or 3 but if anyone has any expectations beyond that that’s on them.

What exactly does panicking accomplish?

Let’s see he’s got another 5 yrs of guaranteed money left on his contract with $15 million owed to him . Is that too hard for you to comprehend . Let me answer that for you ….yes .

Plus the only two players who could consistently score from the outside on his roster aren’t able to play , I’m sure with your incredible knowledge of the game you could figure out some different strategies for him to try . Why don’t you email your suggestions I’m sure he’d be appreciative .
I already have

You are so damn tiresome.

Want me to pull up the comment when Stallings was asked about his team's ACC chances and he threw them under the bus? I bet you loved that one since for whatever reason you love Kevin Stallings while thinking Capel is the worst coach in the world.

Want me to pull up the comment when Stallings was asked about his team's ACC chances and he threw them under the bus? I bet you loved that one since for whatever reason you love Kevin Stallings while thinking Capel is the worst coach in the world.
Stallings isn’t our coach.

The only thing a coach can say is we know we need to get better , being honest and saying we stink and our players just aren’t good enough to compete accomplishes what ?

The only thing a coach can say is we know we need to get better , being honest and saying we stink and our players just aren’t good enough to compete accomplishes what ?
Nothing at all...and if he did I guarantee you Gary would say "see, he says they are terrible so fire him now."

Stallings’ conf winning pct (P6 only) - .493

Capel’s conf winning pct (P6 only) - .383

Neither is a very good coach. Stallings overall seems better at the peak of his career… but we certainly didn’t get that… and he rightfully deserves to be slammed for his effort here.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT