ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina leapfrogs Clemson, now has the No. 2 2021 recruiting class in the country

RaleighPittFan

Assistant Coach
May 12, 2005
Mack Brown is racking up the recruits. The Coastal may be a bit more challenging very soon.

"North Carolina football now has commitments from 14 2021 recruits. Of those, 11 are four-star prospects. That’s tied with Ohio State for the most in this cycle.

Of those 14 Tar Heels commitments, 13 of them played their high school football in the state of North Carolina."

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...carolina-football-no-2-2021-recruiting-class/
I saw that . Our recruiting has improved with some recent staff additions but we have a long way to in both sports . We sometimes seem to forget that the other teams improve as well . Keep in mind NC still has Howell for two more years and a ton of playmakers.They will be he Coastal favorite but if we play this year I think we have more depth and experience and could a beat them and win the Coastal and would love to see our defense challenge Lawrence and company!

Coastal needs an elite team. Might as well be unc’s shot. Miami has failed for years to be that program. Atlantic has Clemson, maybe coastal will have the heels.

A top 10 program in the coastal is exactly what ACC needs to no longer be a punchline of the P5

Coastal needs an elite team. Might as well be unc’s shot. Miami has failed for years to be that program. Atlantic has Clemson, maybe coastal will have the heels.

A top 10 program in the coastal is exactly what ACC needs to no longer be a punchline of the P5
Exactly how I feel. If all these teams with history of being an elite program got their act together (Pitt, Miami, VT, FSU) coupled with programs like North Carolina and Virginia rising up, the conference would be in a very good place strength-wise.

North Carolina has that many 4 star recruits in the state. So UNC is keeping all the home grown talent or most of it
Thats amazing how UNC football recruiting has picked up so quickly.
I didnt think Mack Brown was the guy.

With that said the entire Coastal is on the way up and should have 3 or 4 teams in the top 20 in the next year or two.

I'd rather see really good strong Coastal conference balance, alot of good teams, teams ranked, than one really good team and nothing behind that team.

This could be the year PITT steps up and gets the foothold they need for the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
North Carolina has that many 4 star recruits in the state. So UNC is keeping all the home grown talent or most of it
Yup. There’s a ton of talented players and great programs in NC, especially around the Charlotte area.

Honestly, Georgia Tech is in the same situation with all of that talent in their backyard of Atlanta. Maybe they’ll start landing some more now that they’re not hampered by the option.

Yup. There’s a ton of talented players and great programs in NC, especially around the Charlotte area.

Honestly, Georgia Tech is in the same situation with all of that talent in their backyard of Atlanta. Maybe they’ll start landing some more now that they’re not hampered by the option.
Charlotte area has been strong for decades. There are other areas in the state that are really coming on too. Greensboro area, Fayetteville area, and the Raleigh area have really stepped up their HS programs lately.

I'm sure shear population growth is a major factor.

You are spot on about the Atlanta area, and GT's opportunity now.

I think they have the right coach to draw some really good players from their backyard.

it's pretty amazing that NC has enough recruits to get you to #2. it's still early but geez.

Last edited:

If we were Louisville or NC State, people on here would be saying what we could be if we could just get out of Clemson's division. If someone in the Coastal became a perennial top ten school, that would get old really fast.

They are probably only going to land 1 of the top 4 in state players and still are currently ranked #2 in the country on local talent.

My point that I was trying to make but probably did t articulate it is that if the State of North Carolina produces 10 four star players in a given year, UNC gets 7 and Clemson snags 1 and Georgia snags 1 then that doesn’t leave much for NC State or Duke.

That is impressive what Brown and staff are doing

will be interesting to see how the rest of his class fills out. i wonder if this is just a really good year for the state. they don't normally have THAT many good players to get a team to #2.
The other factor that gets UNC to #2 is that they have 14 recruits, and Clemson has 10 - nine 4 star and one 5 star.

UNC has six 4 star and eight 3 star recruits, so when the dust settles, UNC won't be at #2, but it is an impressive start.

https://clemson.rivals.com/

Reactions: pitt90seven
The other factor that gets UNC to #2 is that they have 14 recruits, and Clemson has 10 - nine 4 star and one 5 star.

UNC has six 4 star and eight 3 star recruits, so when the dust settles, UNC won't be at #2, but it is an impressive start.

https://clemson.rivals.com/

yeah, agree. they won't be anywhere near #2 when the dust settles. still, probably way better than the rest of the coastal.

Mack Brown is racking up the recruits. The Coastal may be a bit more challenging very soon.

"North Carolina football now has commitments from 14 2021 recruits. Of those, 11 are four-star prospects. That’s tied with Ohio State for the most in this cycle.

Of those 14 Tar Heels commitments, 13 of them played their high school football in the state of North Carolina."

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...carolina-football-no-2-2021-recruiting-class/

It was a few years ago that North Carolina passed Pennsylvania in the number of Division 1 football recruits.

yeah..there's no tom foolery there. all of a sudden -after you hire a well traveled seasoned coach-who doesn't care about show cause sanctions.-with a long history of corruption and alumni with deep pockets-immediately righted the ship-and will challenge clemson next year. no smoke and mirrors here-just move along.

Thats amazing how UNC football recruiting has picked up so quickly.
I didnt think Mack Brown was the guy.

With that said the entire Coastal is on the way up and should have 3 or 4 teams in the top 20 in the next year or two.

I'd rather see really good strong Coastal conference balance, alot of good teams, teams ranked, than one really good team and nothing behind that team.

This could be the year PITT steps up and gets the foothold they need for the future.

It'$ amazing how UNC'$ recruiting ha$ picked up $o dramatically and $o fa$t. Given their hi$tory, player$ know they will have plenty of academic "help."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT