ADVERTISEMENT

Not trying to make an excuse for Pitt's loss today, but did any one else notice...

YourPittDanceTeam

Sophomore
Dec 8, 2010
- that on almost all of the plays that psu ran that reached the corner, the wr/te that was leading the blocking was "holding" and never got a penalty called against them.

Reactions: P1TTFAN
No more or less than In any other college football game being played anytime, anywhere.

You have to set hard edges. We have struggled with that for years. Personnel issue.

Reactions: BBrown
If you have your hands inside the shoulder pads and driving them back that will never be called holding.

Reactions: Pride
My biggest beef was why didn't they at least just look at the long third down pass called a catch that was very questionable at best.

I thought it was a good catch, certainly would've liked to see more of it to be sure though.

Didn't think officiating was bad. They missed a blatant hold of weah on the 2nd interception. Thought PSU got away with a couple of holds in pass protection but so did Pitt. Nothing to change the game really.

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
If you have your hands inside the shoulder pads and driving them back that will never be called holding.
Yeah, except for the fact their hands were on the outside of the shoulders grabbing jersey. I saw what the OP saw and thought it should have been called. That being said, I'm not gonna say it cost us the game or anything. Not having an OC and QB as good as last year was the major factor. We held them under 40 points...we should have won the game in my opinion.

They missed a blatant hold of weah on the 2nd interception.

I can't figure out how they could all miss a defender reaching out and grabbing a receiver and pulling him back as the receiver is starting to run past him. With the exception of the two personal foul penalties that was possible the most obvious penalty all game.

Reactions: Pittx9
My biggest beef was why didn't they at least just look at the long third down pass called a catch that was very questionable at best.
Narduzzi needed to call a time out, State Penn ran a quick play to avoid having it looked at.

That juggling catch was close. No way it gets overturned. I thought their receivers blocked exceptionally well. My only beef was the missed PI on Weah and they held Hendrix really bad a few times. However, I was keeping track and they only got some first downs from those holds. No points. That PI-turned int was a killer though. We did get a break in the 2nd half though when Camp jumped on a pile and didn't get flagged. I thought the officiating was excellent to be honest.

Reactions: Meteor-Lion
The breaks generally even out over the course of any game in any sport!
If the refs are bad or have tendencies they're the same for both teams!
PITT fans especially in basketball almost always "cry" we got scre-ed when we lose. If football goes South we'll be hearing the same after losing efforts.

I can't figure out how they could all miss a defender reaching out and grabbing a receiver and pulling him back as the receiver is starting to run past him. With the exception of the two personal foul penalties that was possible the most obvious penalty all game.
The nit having a firm grasp on Browne's face mask and ripping his helmet off causing that nasty gash was pretty obvious too.

- that on almost all of the plays that psu ran that reached the corner, the wr/te that was leading the blocking was "holding" and never got a penalty called against them.
I thought the same thing but maybe I am being biased.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT