ADVERTISEMENT

NTOP's Cliff Notes

NTOP

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
1. Sorry I couldn't get to Hemingway's. Hope to catch up later.

2, ND tried to bully us early on. No real effect.

3. Pretty solid night for a team w/o a full-service center. I fear that will cost us before the book is finished.

4. It's always fun to see Blake smiling, but those forays toward the rim really were awkward. Like a bowler.

5. Ish supplies the needed maturity....great pickup,

6. Got a bit emotional when Mooney (TWA) led the 74 guys to the floor. Nice turnout.

7. After 50+ years cheering for the Panthers BB team, I'll make a declaration: The 2 youngsters are the best first year guard combo I have seen. Incredible promise.

8. Enjoyed the atmosphere, but that trek from Row K to the OC lot was a challenge. Not bad.

3. Pretty solid night for a team w/o a full-service center. I fear that will cost us before the book is finished.

4. It's always fun to see Blake smiling, but those forays toward the rim really were awkward. Like a bowler.

6. Got a bit emotional when Mooney (TWA) led the 74 guys to the floor. Nice turnout.

7. After 50+ years cheering for the Panthers BB team, I'll make a declaration: The 2 youngsters are the best first year guard combo I have seen. Incredible promise.

8. Enjoyed the atmosphere, but that trek from Row K to the OC lot was a challenge. Not bad.
I appreciate “the notes”!

Reactions: NTOP

1. Miller/Matthews
2. Cummings/Taylor
3. Lowe/Bub

Ceiling is higher for Lowe/Bub

I really enjoy watching Leggett play, and wish we had him another year. Good crowd and good atmosphere.

It would be nice to come out hitting shots Wednesday night. Can't dig a hole and expect to climb out of it at NCSU.

1. Miller/Matthews
2. Cummings/Taylor
3. Lowe/Bub

Ceiling is higher for Lowe/Bub
For what it's worth Cummings and Taylor weren't really a freshman guard combo.

They came in together, but Taylor got injured in the first game he played (against Georgia) and redshirted. Vonteego played the whole year (dealing with nagging injuries) and averaged 6.4 PPG.

So the next year was Kelli's redshirt freshman year alongside Vonteego's sophomore year. And they were a nice combo that year for a team that was fairly decent by year end.

I'll hold judgement to the end of the season as to weather Lowe and Bub have surpassed Miller and Mathews. They may have indeed done so. Jason wasn't that stellar as a frosh, averaged only something like 7 PPG in Big East games. Miller was Big East Rookie of the Year, but does he get anywhere near that without Smith and Lane? It was also a uncharacteristically weak year in the Big East for freshman.

For what it's worth Cummings and Taylor weren't really a freshman guard combo.

They came in together, but Taylor got injured in the first game he played (against Georgia) and redshirted. Vonteego played the whole year (dealing with nagging injuries) and averaged 6.4 PPG.

So the next year was Kelli's redshirt freshman year alongside Vonteego's sophomore year. And they were a nice combo that year for a team that was fairly decent by year end.

I'll hold judgement to the end of the season as to weather Lowe and Bub have surpassed Miller and Mathews. They may have indeed done so. Jason wasn't that stellar as a frosh, averaged only something like 7 PPG in Big East games. Miller was Big East Rookie of the Year, but does he get anywhere near that without Smith and Lane? It was also a uncharacteristically weak year in the Big East for freshman.

Wasnt that the year they made the NIT and lost to Arkansas? I remember being so pissed because I listened to the game on the radio since ESPN didnt pick it up for television but then towards the end of the game, I find that WTAE picked up the local Fayetteville feed. Those were different times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT