ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland Zoo President on Court Storming

pierre93

Athletic Director
Apr 2, 2004

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Ever since I saw what happened to Colonel Sanders after the Bourbon Bowl in '98 I have advocated for stiff fines for all involved in these things...Jackie Chiles worked diligently on my behalf to reach a fair settlement with South Central Louisiana State University for the emotional distress I suffered...

Last edited:
To be fair.....many (most) of those top 10 type of wins at the Pete occurred when we were a top 10 program ourselves. So kudos to the Zoo. But even lately with a win over Duke or UNC, they maintained their sanity.

Kudos to the original Pitt security guys back in the early 2000s. From what I have been told by Zoo kids is that much of the reason they didn’t storm is because some of these dudes basically threatened them with severe bodily harm if they tried it,.

Act like you’ve been there before just like Larry Fitzgerald did in football.
I dunno man. I think court storming is dumb. But as a fan, I don't want players to be like Larry. I want them to celebrate and taunt and show bravado. Flip the bat. Spike the ball. Taunt your opponent. You're playing a game not trying to solve global hunger.

Were you at the last game at Pitt Stadium?
Didn't they let ND off the field before storming? To be fair it was the last game at a 75 home venue.
aka, a once in a lifetime occurrence and not a win at home by one probable NCAA tourney team against another in conference tournament team who beat you by 8 on their home court two weeks prior...that's what make this whole thing embarrassing for Wake Forest and some other schools where this unwarranted stuff seems to be proliferating. I cannot fathom any circumstance within the conference short of ending a 40+ game winning streak as a huge underdog warranting a court storming.

aka, a once in a lifetime occurrence and not a win at home by one probable NCAA tourney team against another in conference tournament team who beat you by 8 on their home court two weeks prior...that's what make this whole thing embarrassing for Wake Forest and some other schools where this unwarranted stuff seems to be proliferating. I cannot fathom any circumstance within the conference short of ending a 40+ game winning streak as a huge underdog warranting a court storming.

So court/field storming is okay in some instances?

Most court stormings are performed by students. So obviously, we're looking at a 4 year window. From that perspective, most court stormings are probably a "once in a lifetime occurrence".

Make it hurt if fans storm the court. If fans storm the court, 1 game win forfeiture for first offense. If it happens again, banned from the conference post-season.

Just an FYI, the last time wake beat Duke at home was 1997. It’s a pretty rare

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT