ADVERTISEMENT

Lobbying announcers

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
I didn't make note of last night's ACCN announcers, but between mispronouncing Ish's last name and lobbying for Wake to get their Quad 1 win, I wondered if this were a non-conference game, and we (Pitt) were the team outside of the ACC?

Two takes from the announcers:

1) I agree that the ACC should get more than three teams into the Tournament

2) Bub Carrington definitely had a great game, and that Pitt has found two excellent freshmen guards

side note: I watched the game on DVR. I fast forwarded through the halftime so I didn't hear what the ACCN studio guys had to say. I'm guessing they were pretty much pro-Wake, too

Heck of a nice comeback from our guys; Bub gave a great shoutout to the Zoo in the post-game presser ... would love to see the Pete with more fans than empty seats though

I didn't make note of last night's ACCN announcers, but between mispronouncing Ish's last name and lobbying for Wake to get their Quad 1 win, I wondered if this were a non-conference game, and we (Pitt) were the team outside of the ACC?

2) Bub Carrington definitely had a great game, and that Pitt has found two excellent freshmen guards

side note: I watched the game on DVR. I fast forwarded through the halftime so I didn't hear what the ACCN studio guys had to say. I'm guessing they were pretty much pro-Wake, too

Heck of a nice comeback from our guys; Bub gave a great shoutout to the Zoo in the post-game presser ... would love to see the Pete with more fans than empty seats though

It was possibly the worst non-holiday break Zoo crowd for a conference game ever. Maybe only 300 students. Attedance was better than I thought it would be though. Maybe 4000-5000 and they got into the game late. The parachute drop thing was cool. The Cavs do that. Gotta stop the Dance for Diamonds thing though. That's so cringe and a $250 gift card to Diamonds Direct has practically no value.

Yes lobbying perfectly describes what they did most of the game and it didn’t shift till the waning minutes of the game it was beyond annoying

But it was fun as a PITT fan to look back and laugh at the end

PS- halftime was very pro Wake.

There was nothing wrong with what they said. They were talking up Wake because they are way closer to the bubble than we are right now. A win at Pitt last night would have put them right there, while our win didn’t do too much yet. If we keep winning, we’ll get on the bubble and then maybe guys like this will start talking about us.

There was nothing wrong with what they said. They were talking up Wake because they are way closer to the bubble than we are right now. A win at Pitt last night would have put them right there, while our win didn’t do too much yet. If we keep winning, we’ll get on the bubble and then maybe guys like this will start talking about us.
And for 3/4ths of the game it looked like Pitt was going to get blown out. Great coaching move to put undersized but stronger Jeffress at center, who was the guy that said he should transfer to a lower level? not a scorer at all but a good defender.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
The poor attendance last night was what I noticed. I didn't have to hear the announcers because I was at the game and don't care. But The Pete, other than the Zoo, was mostly empty and quiet. Even the Zoo wasn't filled, but they were noisy, the ones who were there.

It seems attendance in the 4,000 - 5,000 range is what we can expect now, unless Pitt gets back to the level of play we had before Stallings. Even in Dixon's final year, the attendance was starting to diminish to the 8,000 range. That's Pitt fans.

The poor attendance last night was what I noticed. I didn't have to hear the announcers because I was at the game and don't care. But The Pete, other than the Zoo, was mostly empty and quiet. Even the Zoo wasn't filled, but they were noisy, the ones who were there.

It seems attendance in the 4,000 - 5,000 range is what we can expect now, unless Pitt gets back to the level of play we had before Stallings. Even in Dixon's final year, the attendance was starting to diminish to the 8,000 range. That's Pitt fans.

Maybe its just weeknights now. We had some good weekend crowds last year but haven't played a Saturday game vs a P6 yet which is kinda nutty. I cant go on Saturday and some idiot paid an astronomical amount for my tickets.

It was possibly the worst non-holiday break Zoo crowd for a conference game ever. Maybe only 300 students. Attedance was better than I thought it would be though. Maybe 4000-5000 and they got into the game late. The parachute drop thing was cool. The Cavs do that. Gotta stop the Dance for Diamonds thing though. That's so cringe and a $250 gift card to Diamonds Direct has practically no value.

It was shocking how few students were there. And they knew it was going to be like that, because they didn't even put Zoo "newspapers" on the seats in the end zones, or bring out the Fatheads and pool noodles for the students to wave during foul shots.

We had the chance for a funny dance for diamonds moment, because Bella Perkins was trying to convince Marley Washenitz that she should get up and dance. It would have been hilarious if she had and the camera zoomed in on her and picked her. Or at least it would have been to the dozen or so people there who know who Marley Washenitz is and would have recognized her.

Maybe that's a potential NIL payout for someone?

students are the only consistent show at football or basketball

Yinzers need to show

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT