ADVERTISEMENT

OC and QB are winners

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
Big things ahead for them, but will either of them be at Pitt next season?

What is the transfer rule for holstein? Can players play for a different team each year now without sitting out?

It’s now unlimited transfers and you don’t need to sit out.
So in theory players each year can take the best offer on the table and move from team to team? Who will be the first to play for 4 different teams in 4 years? Probably a QB then...

At some point the SEC and B10 will recognize that players associated with their teams leads to more recenue. But probably not until they destroy the rest.

wtf is this?

Seriously? The kid has 2 games, of which 3/4 of one was bad, and you are already posting about losing them both?

This is the Pittsburgh negativism I mentioned in the other post. Good god, relax dude

No it's the truth.

No it's the truth.
Lots of legit Narduzzi criticisms, but the dude has built a culture that has made them less vulnerable to transfers than 80% of programs out there. The guy who you just predicted will transfer to a bigger program just transferred here from*checks notes* Ala-freaking-bama.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Lots of legit Narduzzi criticisms, but the dude has built a culture that has made them less vulnerable to transfers than 80% of programs out there. The guy who you just predicted will transfer to a bigger program just transferred here from*checks notes* Ala-freaking-bama.

Of the players that realistically were good enough to transfer to an equivalent or better program, what % do you think transferred?

Pitt’s offense is currently ranked 71 according to SP+. The defenses have just been so bad, that the offense hasn’t really done anything that the average to below average offense wouldn’t have done.

Maybe wait until the duo goes up against a defense with a pulse, before putting up the “Help Wanted” sign.

Last edited:
Of the players that realistically were good enough to transfer to an equivalent or better program, what % do you think transferred?
Are you questioning if players offered "better" opportunities took them? I have no idea. Im betting neither do you. I just know i never lost sleep over an outgoing transfer after Addison. Maybe you did.

The gist of your post is likely true but he had near zero chance of seeing the field at QB for Bama. If Holstein does blow up he will get offers. Whether he goes, we have no clue.

The gist of your post is likely true but he had near zero chance of seeing the field at QB for Bama. If Holstein does blow up he will get offers. Whether he goes, we have no clue.
The more interesting question is how he ended up here. There seemed to be a foregone conclusion that Pitt was his destination as soon as he entered the portal. I may have missed the subsequent backstory...

Keep the OC and you keep the QB almost for certain. Long term, making the NFL is still way more lucrative and he will be able to put up huge stats in this offense. And he’ll basically be locked in as the starter. Obviously anything can happen but if this offense continues to get better I don’t see him leaving.

Reactions: Parkview57
My guess is close to or the same way Addison ended up at USC.
This may be a bit different. With Bell he has the chance to put up big numbers and parlay that into a fat contract at the next level

However long way to go. I think the kid has all the tangibles and intangibles to be really really good But he has a long way to go to get there. All this talk about him leaving after this year is kind of funny given that many on this Board still question his talent and some said he was a stiff. Lol.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
This may be a bit different. With Bell he has the chance to put up big numbers and parlay that into a fat contract at the next level

However long way to go. I think the kid has all the tangibles and intangibles to be really really good But he has a long way to go to get there. All this talk about him leaving after this year is kind of funny given that many on this Board still question his talent and some said he was a stiff. Lol.
I just meant that Narduzzi is likely doing the same types of things that had everyone’s panties in a bunch when Riley came for Addison.

Not comparing the money or talent/success at the same points of transfer.

Reactions: pittbb80
I just meant that Narduzzi is likely doing the same types of things that had everyone’s panties in a bunch when Riley came for Addison.

Not comparing the money or talent/success at the same points of transfer.

Maybe, but that much different situation. Pitt desperately wanted to keep Addison.

I'm sure it was apparent Holstein was never going to see the field at Bama. & I don't think their coaches would mind trying to find Eli another home.

The more interesting question is how he ended up here. There seemed to be a foregone conclusion that Pitt was his destination as soon as he entered the portal. I may have missed the subsequent backstory...

He had some connection to Kade Bell. I forget exactly what it was.

Are you questioning if players offered "better" opportunities took them? I have no idea. Im betting neither do you. I just know i never lost sleep over an outgoing transfer after Addison. Maybe you did.

No I’m questioning the point being made in the post to which I responded.

Not sure. I remember HOF Coach posting that back in January when people were wondering why an Alabama recruit would transfer to Pitt. I inferred he got the info on the pay board. Try asking this question there. Of course maybe it was bullsh*t and I'm passing on bogus info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT