ADVERTISEMENT

OK. Best Single Type of Food

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
I give you.................................the humble dumpling.

What? Yes, the dumpling. Every ethnic group of food has a form. And they are all.......delightful!

Think about it.

China, you got the Soup Dumpling. Which is the ultimate. And all of those other types of dim sum dumplings. You got won tons and Har gow
Japan you got Shumai and Gyoza
Korea has Mandu
Italy...Ravioli and Tortellini, Gnocchi
Eastern Europe Pierogi, Knoedel
Latin America. Empanadas
India Samosas
Jewish Kreplach
America Chicken and dumplings, Apple Dumplings plus all of the above.

Simple......... Bread

White, wheat, rye, pumpernickel, cornbread, sourdough, brioche, pita, flatbread, biscuit, naan, tortilla, matzo, bagel, arepa, baba, lavash, panatonne, soda, etc......

And often times, many variations of each.

Reactions: Ski11585
Mr Buffett = Pasta till I roll over and die.
Some of you would like that.

Mrs Buffett = Oysters / shellfish by the dozens

Veal Romano
oysters on the 1/2 shell
Pgh fried zucchini
peanut butter
lobster bisque

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
and grits!!

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
*lap flounder
Every time I hear that phrase, I think of this image...

Lots of teef.

iu

You guys are missing the point. Who the hell would pick "jambalaya" over dumplings. I mean, you can have a different type of dumpling, in style, ethnicity, every day of the month. Jambalaya, which is not even close to the best Cajun/Creole has to offer, is just Jambalaya.

Mrs Buffett cooks Corn Beef and Cabbage loaded, loaded, loaded with potatoes.

Its so good we have it three nights in a row.

She cooks more, more , potatoes each night, we have them loaded with butter and sour cream with the corn beef and cabbage.
Where do you get your corned beef from?

Pasta used to cost me a bundle.....but I don't wear ties much any more!!:D
I always wear some sort of bib while eating pasta. There is no way I am getting thru the meal without dribbling down the front of my shirt.

Where do you get your corned beef from?

This is Mrs Buffett, sorry for the delay.
My bicycle training ride with my personal trainer was moved from 11am to later.

We let Mr Buffett tag along today since my bad planning had him home today so it was a slower ride all the way around .Haha.

So I purchase Corned Beef at Giant before St Patties day on sale. The. more you buy the better the price. I can get the price down from $5.70 something/ lb. , to $3 something / lb before St Patties, to like $1.80 /lb with a Giant Card after buying $25 of stuff.

The quality and price is great.

I've paid more at other places and the quality was the same as Giant.

"save a horse ride a cowboy "
Signed: Mrs Buffett

Last edited:
Reactions: CCHS82

We let Mr Buffett tag along today since my bad planning had him home today so it was a slower ride all the way around .Haha.

So I purchase Corned Beef at Giant before St Patties day on sale. The. more you buy the better the price. I can get the price down from $5.70 something/ lb. , to $3 something / lb before St Patties, to like $1.80 /lb with a Giant Card after buying $25 of stuff.

I bought two a couple of weeks ago to make Rubens. I normally don't eat something so saturated in salt, but done right, it's one of my favorite sandwiches.

I'm gonna go with meat stew. Slow cooked meat cooked in it's own broth with veggies roasting alongside it. You can change it so much depending on seasoning too. Also another thing that just about every culture does.

Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT