ADVERTISEMENT

Olivier Robinson Nkamhoua

Maryland and Pitt just offered him according to Corey Evans. 6-8 215 PF

Robinson-Nkamhoua
is this winter’s breakout.
The Finnish forward was sidelined last year thanks to a broken leg, but each time he hits the court, he gets better and better. While he is far from a complete product, his fluidity, solid set of early ball skills and ball-hawking abilities on defense have placed his name on the tongues of a number of high-major coaching staffs nationally.

Tennessee’s Rick Barnes is expected in on Monday for him just as Maryland’s Mark Turgeon was in to see him last Friday. Look for the Bishop Walsh product to schedule his allotted official visits in the coming weeks as Illinois, Kansas State,Minnesota, Pitt, Seton Hall, St. Joe’s,Wake Forest, and Wofford sit among the others that have a chance to host Robinson-Nkamhoua.

Kinda interesting for a couple reasons:

- plays down the street in Cumberland

- plays for a "regular HS" (though a Catholic school with a new HC so maybe they will start recruiting globally now).

- a teammate signed with VT

- about as under the radar as you can get because he didn't play last season and may not have played AAU due to his injury so the only "tape" on him are this season's HS games.

- we can have the first all African-Scandinavian frontcourt in ACC history

Reactions: TreesHero

He looks a lot like Cam Johnson. I mean a lot, like did Gil spend time in Finland, a lot...

I think it is a good sign that we are in with so many of these kids. Eventually something good will happen

Nice player. But, is our recent late offer a sign we are losing out on a commit from some other player the staff previously believed they were going to land? Or, is it simply an unrelated development because they just really like what they see? Hopefully it is the latter scenario.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Had the same thought. Either they don't end up with the Champagnies or George wont be back makes the most sense.

Nice player. But, is our recent late offer a sign we are losing out on a commit from some other player the staff previously believed they were going to land? Or, is it simply an unrelated development because they just really like what they see? Hopefully it is the latter scenario.

^^^ Very true and good thoughts. If it deals with Sy or Diallo and/or a current player probably leaving. Thought Pitt would need more a "C" type, but Capel has said it numerous times, it's position-less basketball nowadays.

Not counting spots. I have already stated that I could see Capel bringing in as many as 7 this year. That said, just looking at the skill set he is very similar to the twins.

Can we please stop counting roster spots. This team has 3 legitimate ACC players. Capel is going to take whoever he can get and sort it out later. You are going to see mass transfers out of this program and that's a good thing for all parties.

These are the kind of recruits that can have a hugh upside and turn a program around . A kid who was injured and has come back that’s under recruited . If JC wants him that’s good enough for me .
Ps ..Pitt has only 3 players that need to return , but I’d like to see a couple transfers in the mix if he’s scrapping the rest of the roster .

Not counting spots. I have already stated that I could see Capel bringing in as many as 7 this year. That said, just looking at the skill set he is very similar to the twins.
Except he's a solid perimeter type that can shoot the 3-ball.

Some posters believe you don’t need to be able to score if you play good defense !:)
How about 4 snipers & Dikembe Mutombo in the middle??
A team of all great defenders doesn't win. A team of NO defenders can't, either.

These are the kind of recruits that can have a hugh upside and turn a program around . A kid who was injured and has come back that’s under recruited . If JC wants him that’s good enough for me .
Ps ..Pitt has only 3 players that need to return , but I’d like to see a couple transfers in the mix if he’s scrapping the rest of the roster .

Yep, Dejuan Blair was just such a recruit.

Prove your point stat-man !

20 is greater than 15. That's what, second grade math? First? And yet still beyond you.

I mean seriously, if you don't understand a concept so simple as guys who give up more than they get don't help you win then maybe you ought to stop commenting, because that's even dumber than your pronouncements that you don't care about defense when deciding who should play.

Reactions: levance2
20 is greater than 15. That's what, second grade math? First? And yet still beyond you.

I mean seriously, if you don't understand a concept so simple as guys who give up more than they get don't help you win then maybe you ought to stop commenting, because that's even dumber than your pronouncements that you don't care about defense when deciding who should play.
100 is greater than 20 so what , it’s your opinion and your opinion isn’t always right . You have zero data to back up your claim . When you find it then I’ll listen .

100 is greater than 20 so what , it’s your opinion and your opinion isn’t always right . You have zero data to back up your claim . When you find it then I’ll listen .

I have zero data to back up my claim that 20 is greater than 15?

Dude, you need to step away from the keyboard. Your insanity on this topic is leading you to post some really stupid stuff.

Reactions: levance2

First grade

You might wanna think about removing or rewriting this one. I don’t wanna get in the middle of yours and Joe’s seemingly never ending battle. But wow. This one takes the cake in a lot of respects. Hoo boy.

Reactions: Drew1208
You might wanna think about removing or rewriting this one. I don’t wanna get in the middle of yours and Joe’s seemingly never ending battle. But wow. This one takes the cake in a lot of respects. Hoo boy.
Why , I can’t make up numbers too ? His opinion is just that an opinion , it doesn’t mean it’s right it’s just his opinion . All he does is quote stats and correct people and I want him to back up his statement with facts and he can’t do it .

Why , I can’t make up numbers too ? His opinion is just that an opinion , it doesn’t mean it’s right it’s just his opinion . All he does is quote stats and correct people and I want him to back up his statement with facts and he can’t do it .

Well stating that 100 (or 20) is greater than 15 isn’t an opinion. Hence my suggestion to rewrite.

And stats aren’t an opinion either. The stats would be the facts that you’re after.

Well stating that 100 (or 20) is greater than 15 isn’t an opinion. Hence my suggestion to rewrite.

And stats aren’t an opinion either. The stats would be the facts that you’re after.
My opinion is and has been that Pitt would be a far better team with anyone , even if his name was PS , that could shoot the ball successfully from the perimeter regardless of their defensive abilities . Having another reliable outside threat could’ve opened things up for Trey and X and without Trey’s scoring Pitt has no chance of victory against any decent ACC team . ( ND and BC are both very bad teams ) I never said defense isn’t important , but you can’t win games without scoring . There are no stats that can project what the impact of having another shooter on this team would’ve meant . My opinion is that with PS this team wins another 3/4 games because Pitt needed his offense plus he would’ve made Pitts 2 best players more effective.
My counterpart constantly loves to quotes stats and to correct others while calling them names . All I ever wanted from him was stats to show me that Pitt was a far worse team defensively with him on the floor last season and he couldn’t produce them . His response is , PS scores 15 and gives up 20 . That’s a fact !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT