ADVERTISEMENT

Olivier Robinson Nkamhoua

My opinion is and has been that Pitt would be a far better team with anyone , even if his name was PS , that could shoot the ball successfully from the perimeter regardless of their defensive abilities . Having another reliable outside threat could’ve opened things up for Trey and X and without Trey’s scoring Pitt has no chance of victory against any decent ACC team . ( ND and BC are both very bad teams ) I never said defense isn’t important , but you can’t win games without scoring . There are no stats that can project what the impact of having another shooter on this team would’ve meant . My opinion is that with PS this team wins another 3/4 games because Pitt needed his offense plus he would’ve made Pitts 2 best players more effective.
My counterpart constantly loves to quotes stats and to correct others while calling them names . All I ever wanted from him was stats to show me that Pitt was a far worse team defensively with him on the floor last season and he couldn’t produce them . His response is , PS scores 15 and gives up 20 . That’s a fact !
0 acc wins with ps
4 without him

Move on.
He’s not good

My opinion is and has been that Pitt would be a far better team with anyone , even if his name was PS , that could shoot the ball successfully from the perimeter regardless of their defensive abilities . Having another reliable outside threat could’ve opened things up for Trey and X and without Trey’s scoring Pitt has no chance of victory against any decent ACC team . ( ND and BC are both very bad teams ) I never said defense isn’t important , but you can’t win games without scoring . There are no stats that can project what the impact of having another shooter on this team would’ve meant . My opinion is that with PS this team wins another 3/4 games because Pitt needed his offense plus he would’ve made Pitts 2 best players more effective.
My counterpart constantly loves to quotes stats and to correct others while calling them names . All I ever wanted from him was stats to show me that Pitt was a far worse team defensively with him on the floor last season and he couldn’t produce them . His response is , PS scores 15 and gives up 20 . That’s a fact !
Enlighten me. Who is PS?

On a nutshell, one dimensional players regardless of the dimension they do well are typically liabilities to the team. One dimensional players are also typically very easy to game plan against.

In the case of Stewart, he shot fine in games that were never in question. Pitt's opposition last year could have left him open on every possession and still beat Pitt easily. The point being, we have no idea how effective Stewart would have been in this year's close games with the defense locked in on stopping him.

Lower level teams who focus on outside shooting do so because the will never have the athletes and size of the bigger schools. Shooting is the only way they compete and win. The problem with that thinking is shooting is the most variable skill in basketball. Rebounding, defense, ball handling are much less of a variable.

All of that said and given the choice, I'll take Trey's skill set over Stewart's every time. I think you will see a roster full of kids who defend at a high level and shoot well enough to win, very soon.

On a nutshell, one dimensional players regardless of the dimension they do well are typically liabilities to the team. One dimensional players are also typically very easy to game plan against.

In the case of Stewart, he shot fine in games that were never in question. Pitt's opposition last year could have left him open on every possession and still beat Pitt easily. The point being, we have no idea how effective Stewart would have been in this year's close games with the defense locked in on stopping him.

Lower level teams who focus on outside shooting do so because the will never have the athletes and size of the bigger schools. Shooting is the only way they compete and win. The problem with that thinking is shooting is the most variable skill in basketball. Rebounding, defense, ball handling are much less of a variable.

All of that said and given the choice, I'll take Trey's skill set over Stewart's every time. I think you will see a roster full of kids who defend at a high level and shoot well enough to win, very soon.
I agree , we don’t know how he’d have faired this yr , who knows if JC could’ve helped him develop as a player . My point is that with him in the lineup I’d want you to focus on stopping him , that gives X and Trey more room to operate and JWF a few more open looks . I’m not saying that PS alone would lift this team on his back , he’d allow others the opportunities to do what they do best . That’s what a team is all about .
Trey or PS not a question , Trey every time !

I agree , we don’t know how he’d have faired this yr , who knows if JC could’ve helped him develop as a player . My point is that with him in the lineup I’d want you to focus on stopping him , that gives X and Trey more room to operate and JWF a few more open looks . I’m not saying that PS alone would lift this team on his back , he’d allow others the opportunities to do what they do best . That’s what a team is all about .
Trey or PS not a question , Trey every time !
You realize that with him in the lineup, along with X and Trey, along with Jared, you have to play him instead of Toney -who was only Pitt's leading rebounder. Yeah, that would work really well.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Parker left Pitt
He’s not an option .

Only a half wit continues to obsess over a not good player who is now in a 1 bid league by choice .

Mostly because basic math is too hard for him (the half wit)

You realize that with him in the lineup, along with X and Trey, along with Jared, you have to play him instead of Toney -who was only Pitt's leading rebounder. Yeah, that would work really well.
There’s plenty of minutes to go around . Trey played 6/7 minutes in the first half !

One game and because of fouls.
I like all 3 freshman and I like them a lot , but they all saw way too much pt for Pitt to be successful in conference play this season . The reason they played so many minutes is simple they’re Pitts best players ( along with JWF ) and who could’ve JC played instead ? They all need drastic improvement in their shooting and shot selection . My advise to them , take a week off then get in the gym a lot of work is ahead for those guys .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT