ADVERTISEMENT

On this day in 2016…

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
We had zero points to spare in this one for yesterday’s game…

My parents were in town for an extended holiday vacation and I remember going nuts with my father after Blewitt made the kick. He passed away a little over a year later; that was one of the last best memories I had with him. What a great game… H2P.

Last edited:

My parents were in town for an extended holiday vacation and I remember going nuts with my father after Blewitt made the kick. He passed away a little over a year later; that was one of the last best memories I had with him. What a great game… H2P.

I miss Canada's offense. Bring him back

Great post man ...

I enjoyed that offense more than 2021. So fun to watch.
Agreed. The best Pitt offense ever. And yeah I saw the TD and Marino years; 2016 was still far better.

And it was done with a reject QB from Tennessee, a pedestrian OL (though O’Neill ended up good), a walkon fullback, two WR who couldn’t catch passes (usually important, but not that year), and admittedly a fine back in Conner who nevertheless was a question mark coming in.

And while it’s watching white paint drying to experience the horrible Steelers offense today, it makes the 2016 offense all the more amazing to contemplate that it was the same guy responsible.

But that was seemingly a century ago, gone forever, and Duz is orgasmic that it is. He said all that offense “sickened him”. And meant it.

I was at that game. We drive up from Atlanta. I remember looking at my son with 2 minutes to go and Dabo not punting the ball. I told him Dabo is just begging us to beat him. And we did. And yes we had very competitive talent on that roster.

Reactions: ThePanthers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT