ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball Ejections

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
watching some baseball highlights this year, it seems that when someone gets ejected it looks like its going to get violent.

Does anyone else sense this is about to get out of hand?

I thought Joey Votto was going to lay out the ump that rung him up this weekend.

And there was a melee in Toronto that looked to almost come to blows.

I understand it is forbidden to touch an umpire but i cant help but think this is another example of american culture gone too far.

Anyone else?

watching some baseball highlights this year, it seems that when someone gets ejected it looks like its going to get violent.

Does anyone else sense this is about to get out of hand?

I thought Joey Votto was going to lay out the ump that rung him up this weekend.

And there was a melee in Toronto that looked to almost come to blows.

I understand it is forbidden to touch an umpire but i cant help but think this is another example of american culture gone too far.

Anyone else?
You can’t touch an umpire, but you aren’t allowed to even criticize them without getting fined. It has to be frustrating for players. Ab ump can suck as much as they want and if a player looks at them the wrong way, they can throw them out.

The next big change needs to be a more consistent strike zone. Heck, I think a computer can do that now.

You can’t touch an umpire, but you aren’t allowed to even criticize them without getting fined. It has to be frustrating for players. Ab ump can suck as much as they want and if a player looks at them the wrong way, they can throw them out.
Baseball has long been the only sport in this country where you can carry on like an ass while arguing a call. Then you get to kick it up a notch and throw a tantrum when you get ejected. Traditionally, the league hasn't done a whole lot about it. I mean, you had a HOF'er spit on an ump. Now, umps have really gotten confrontational and I imagine it's a reaction to the nonsense but when you think about it, this is sort of the natural progression of where things have been heading and MLB doesn't seem interested in fixing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT