ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bucs, Pens launch streaming service

I'm sure they'll be intertwined soon enough. Just attach a mandatory 412A donation to season tickets, etc.

Yea, soon enough. A program like Pitt might even have to make most of the ticket cost the donation. So like a $500 ticket is a $400 contribution to A412 plus a $100 ticket cost. Lower the actual ticket cost drastically so the players get more money and have the general university fund backfill. Then they can go get money from the state to backfill on their end.

That seems pretty indirect. Not that I would expect you to appreciate the intricacies of the language enough to appreciate the distinction.

That's what I said. Fans pay NFL players indirectly and have no problem with it. If an Alliance 412 donation was baked into the ticket cost or TV deal, Pitt fans would be fine with it.

That's what I said. Fans pay NFL players indirectly and have no problem with it. If an Alliance 412 donation was baked into the ticket cost or TV deal, Pitt fans would be fine with it.

Yeah, it's just better that way. Then you know anyone who wants to consume the product is bearing some of the cost. That's more ideal than, say, some pseudo insider yokel on a message board donating $0/month and shaming others for not donating their used vehicle they were going to trade in anyway to A412 for the "win/win."

Don’t be crazy. Give it to football players and not those sick kids.

No money to people who actually need it, please. Give every dime to a football program that won't win more than 8 games for the next 20 years. Win/win!

Have you recently gotten a property tax reassessment? Give the savings to spoiled Pitt football players. Win/win!

Tax refund? Help pay for 1/8 of a 3rd string TE on a 6-6 team. Win/win!

Receive a small inheritance from a recently-deceased relative who didn't have a will? Go cheap on the funeral and give it to Pitt football, instead. Win/win!

Lose 30 pounds and no longer need to pay $80/month for blood pressure meds? Pitt football will take that off your hands. Win/win!

Reactions: pittdan77
No money to people who actually need it, please. Give every dime to a football program that won't win more than 8 games for the next 20 years. Win/win!

Have you recently gotten a property tax reassessment? Give the savings to spoiled Pitt football players. Win/win!

Tax refund? Help pay for 1/8 of a 3rd string TE on a 6-6 team. Win/win!

Receive a small inheritance from a recently-deceased relative who didn't have a will? Go cheap on the funeral and give it to Pitt football, instead. Win/win!

Lose 30 pounds and no longer need to pay $80/month for blood pressure meds? Pitt football will take that off your hands. Win/win!

You can say this about anything though. Dont spend $500 on the Steeler game. Watch it on TV and give the $500 to Children's. Don't get Netflix and give it to Feed the Children. People need entertainment. The A412 donation is your "subscription fee" for Pitt sports. I think it was you who called it that. People want it to be 2019 again. College football is never going back. Its a different sport now. Its a pro sport and you have to pay the players or find a different sport that you can follow for free.

You can say this about anything though. Dont spend $500 on the Steeler game. Watch it on TV and give the $500 to Children's. Don't get Netflix and give it to Feed the Children. People need entertainment. The A412 donation is your "subscription fee" for Pitt sports. I think it was you who called it that. People want it to be 2019 again. College football is never going back. Its a different sport now. Its a pro sport and you have to pay the players or find a different sport that you can follow for free.

I get it. But I only make five figures, so my $20/month is what they're getting for now.

*opens wallet to stare at the $20 Aunt Beatrice gave him upon completing the second sacrament*

I get the Pittsburgh, philly, and baltimore, nationals on comcast. No blackouts

If you do, you already have access to the streaming service without paying anything for it. You have to use your comcast log in, but you wouldn't have to pay any extra.

But if you drop comcast you would be eligible to get this new streaming thing, because you are apparently in the Pirates designated market.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yea, soon enough. A program like Pitt might even have to make most of the ticket cost the donation. So like a $500 ticket is a $400 contribution to A412 plus a $100 ticket cost. Lower the actual ticket cost drastically so the players get more money and have the general university fund backfill. Then they can go get money from the state to backfill on their end.

Soon nil money will be going directly through the schools, and then it won't matter what you call the ticket price and what you call the donation.

Oddly enough, just like it is now.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Soon nil money will be going directly through the schools, and then it won't matter what you call the ticket price and what you call the donation.

Oddly enough, just like it is now.

But lets make sure that we still call it NIL and not player salaries. You know because Alabama will be paying its players for the use of their names, image, and likeness on its website and on billboards, not for their play on the field. How do they get away with this? I'd love to see an NFL team tell the league it has a salary payroll of $0 because it pays its players only for the use of their name, image, and likeness on local billboards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT