ADVERTISEMENT

OT : Caitlin Clark Abuse

Yep , it’s rookie hazing of the proclaimed star .

In many cases, Sidney Crosby went through alot of this. He was a goofy looking kid who looked like he was 12 years old and wasn't afraid to get into verbal matchups and guys like Derian Hatcher "tested" him. But in hockey, this is considered standard operating procedure.

As for Clark and WNBA....this is great for them. People are talking about their league.
Mario was targeted as well. For some reason (and maybe I’m biased) but it seems the Pens stars are the only ones that were cheap shotted a lot. No one laid a hand on Gretzky who was also given star treatment by the refs

I hated Eric devendorf because of his trash talking. Which is why I didn’t like Clark in college. Not because of their skin color. But it’s a big part of the game. I get it. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.
I didnt follow her that much to notice. I do recall some tiff with LSU either last year or this year. Never knew the trash talking was more prevalent than that instance

But yeah, Im no fan of trash talking either.

I didnt follow her that much to notice. I do recall some tiff with LSU either last year or this year. Never knew the trash talking was more prevalent than that instance

But yeah, Im no fan of trash talking either.
Pretty sure when she was cheap shotted this weekend, the player from LSU jumped up off the bench and celebrated. At least that’s what my daughter told me.

Pretty sure when she was cheap shotted this weekend, the player from LSU jumped up off the bench and celebrated. At least that’s what my daughter told me.
From the bench is the relevant part .
Angel Reese isn’t being asked to be a star on her team

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The women need eyeballs and the more eyeballs you get the more money you bring in which means more money for EVERYONE .

Not everyone is bright enough to understand this concept !

The women need eyeballs and the more eyeballs you get the more money you bring in which means more money for EVERYONE .

Not everyone is bright enough to understand this concept !
Well I think it makes thing’s interesting. Not enough for me to watch, but I just might at some point. I can’t see me becoming a fan though and it translating into dollars or ratings for them. But overall maybe it will as the first step is intrigue, the 2nd step is watching and the 3rd is being entertained. As someone said above, any attention is good attention. Personally I would rather watch an NPSL game which I’m guessing no one here gives one shit about or even knows what it is other than Joe and SMF. But we know how SMF feels about women. So it’s just Joe. Lol.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Good discussion about this on Bomani Jones’s show this morning.

This is about a girl coming into the wnba and getting more hype and money than all the veterans. It is jealousy plain and simple. She has to prove herself. She isn't a black lesbian like the majority of wnba players and partially because of that is opening up a new audience to the wnba. She is not attractive, she has a horse face but she isn't all tatted up or a large bulking woman. She is more approachable tot he mainstream which advertisers love.

Don't care what the reason is

The behavior of Carter and Reese and some other players on other teams towards Clark is unacceptable

Carter should have been ejected and suspended and so should Reese for applauding it when it happened. And there's no remorse at all about it, just sullen defiance. What Carter did was plain trying to f Clark up nothing else

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Don't care what the reason is

The behavior of Carter and Reese and some other players on other teams towards Clark is unacceptable

Carter should have been ejected and suspended and so should Reese for applauding it when it happened. And there's no remorse at all about it, just sullen defiance. What Carter did was plain trying to f Clark up nothing else
Clark talks shit the entire game to trigger plenty of it .
Take it easy , it’s just sports

Clark talks shit the entire game to trigger plenty of it .
Take it easy , it’s just sports
Someone blindsides me dead-ball because I talked shit on them that's coward bullshit it ain't sports. You're that upset I'm ragging on your momma or whatever then square up

Personally I would rather watch an NPSL game which I’m guessing no one here gives one shit about or even knows what it is other than Joe and SMF. But we know how SMF feels about women. So it’s just Joe. Lol.

I just like watching sports. But I've probably already seen more WNBA this year than I have in the entire history of the league up to this year. I'm not seeking it out, but, for instance I was watching the game in question on Saturday. Why? Because I happened to be at home, and I made myself a sandwich at lunch time and sat down and turned the TV on. And since there's no EPL games to watch then anymore, I said to myself, hey, a Caitlin Clark game, I should watch that. If it would have been, say, New York against Chicago I probably would have passed it by without giving it a second thought.

I watch the NPSL the same way. If I happen to see a game on I may sit there and watch it for a while. If it turns out that it's a good game I keep watching. If not, there's plenty of other choices. But I don't go out of my way to watch either of them.

.., none of the players are getting ejected for picking on Clark, sounds like a garbage league to me.

.., none of the players are getting ejected for picking on Clark, sounds like a garbage league to me.
Picking on is one thing. That IS sports

Blindside hip checking someone is another. What if someone knocks her to the ground just because and she messes up her elbow, shoulder, wrist etc... WNBA goes back to being less popular in America than some national second-tier pro basketball leagues are in Europe

It's funny to me how worked up folks are... Must be a lull - baseball season and no NBA Finals until Thursday - for the national media to give this so much attention. This is essentially "fart in the wind" level news.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
It's funny to me how worked up folks are... Must be a lull - baseball season and no NBA Finals until Thursday - for the national media to give this so much attention. This is essentially "fart in the wind" level news.
Any attention is good attention for that league. People are curious now. I can’t help but think of Bill Barr’s skit on the WNBA and only 400 people in the crowd while women would rather watch Beverly Hills Housewives instead of the WNBA. They would rather watch two wives going after each other on that show than watch hoops. Well now the league has jealous opponents coming at a rookie phenom. The league now appears to turning a corner.

Yep , it’s rookie hazing of the proclaimed star .
Plenty of wnba players said before the first game - she won’t have as easy a time here , because we are professionals who at bigger , stronger , and better than she’s used to .

And so far - Clark is doing well compared to other rookies. But is far from the star she was in college .
Jake Tapper, and I’m assuming many other commentators like him at his employer are blaming her whiteness and sexuality for the treatment, not because she’s a rookie being hazed. But the underlying cause then would be racism and bigotry by the other players. Honest to goodness I can’t understand why people (the media) can’t just let it go and not irresponsibly throw out race and sexuality as a reason.

Last edited:
Jake Tapper, and I’m assuming many other commentators like him at his employer are blaming her whiteness and sexuality for the treatment, not because she’s a rookie being hazed. But the underlying cause then would be racism and bigotry by the other players. Honest to goodness I can’t understand why people (the media) can’t just let it go and not irresponsibly throw out race and sexuality as a reason.
I don’t care what some talking head says

I’ve pointed out two other white rookies in Cameron and Jancy who aren’t being treated the same way -
Which disputes the white race being the cause
And sexuality - who they hell knows or cares ?
Certainly not WNBA players

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I don’t care what some talking head says

I’ve pointed out two other white rookies in Cameron and Jancy who aren’t being treated the same way -
Which disputes the white race being the cause
And sexuality - who they hell knows or cares ?
Certainly not WNBA players
The media, like Jake’s employer, wants to divide. They think everything is about race and sex and if it’s not they’ll try to make it seem that way. I’m with you and prefer to give the players the benefit of the doubt. You and I agree.

I don’t care for women’s hoops but I do like women’s sports (soccer and volleyball)., so I haven’t paid much attention to Clark over the past couple of years. Frankly from afar I wasn’t crazy about her. But now I’m starting to pay attention a bit and finding myself pulling for her now because of the abuse she’s been taking as a pro. It makes me think of Sid when he first entered the NHL. He didn’t handle things 100% the right way and got labeled as a crybaby. That label has stayed with him for his whole career among rival fans, even though he never really was outside of some early incidents like when his teeth got knocked out in Philly. Clark says she’s trying to ignore everything and not let it bother her. Is she? if she can, she will be better off.

Boo hoo poor Caitlin Clark to be quite honest I don't feel sorry for her this is the professionals this happens to every rookie she's being tested to see what she's built like. She's playing against grown women and she needs to prove that she can handle this and not fold under pressure so far she has it will ensure but whenever anybody comes into any professional league with the type of hype that she has people are going to come for her because the truth is they don't get nearly the type of attention that she does and they've been doing it on a professional level for a while she'll be fine she's a tough kid she probably went through the same thing in college.

Boo hoo poor Caitlin Clark to be quite honest I don't feel sorry for her this is the professionals this happens to every rookie she's being tested to see what she's built like. She's playing against grown women and she needs to prove that she can handle this and not fold under pressure so far she has it will ensure but whenever anybody comes into any professional league with the type of hype that she has people are going to come for her because the truth is they don't get nearly the type of attention that she does and they've been doing it on a professional level for a while she'll be fine she's a tough kid she probably went through the same thing in college.
Exactly. Welcome to the Big Leagues and suck it up buttercup.

It was a dirty play but most of this is just basketball. And veterans letting a rookie know she’s going to have to step her game up. If this was happening with men nobody would be talking about it.
THIS!!

The Mystics regular arena only seats 4,200, so they moved the game to the bigger arena. Tickets sold out in 30 minutes.

PS: 👇 👇

I am happy for refs to call flagrant fouls on flagrant fouls and leagues to suspend repeat offenders

It was a hip check on an inbounds play .
It was a flagrant foul that was not called. That is the issue and nothing else. Quite thuggish if you ask me; the POS "cheerleader" on the other side has it in for Clark.

It was a flagrant foul that was not called. That is the issue and nothing else. Quite thuggish if you ask me; the POS "cheerleader" on the other side has it in for Clark.
Reese was also left off the Olympic team .
Reese has championship rings at Clark’s expense - so she enjoys rubbing it in .

Of course all the rookies were left off because they don’t have international experience .
Clark like Brink and Reese are the future pipeline .

Of course all the rookies were left off because they don’t have international experience .

In the past they have typically had a young player or two on the roster who maybe didn't deserve it on the merits, but were there because they were thought to be the future of the program. And since the last player or two typically don't play meaningful minutes that was an easy thing to do.

They didn't do that at all this time. This time, the youngest player on the team is 26. Last time they had three 24 year olds on the team. Two of them were Ariel Atkins, who in their four (relatively) close games play 1:14, 1:20, 3:03, and a DNP, and Napheesa Collier, who in those same four games was at 2:16, 3:30 and two DNPs, and even in the two blowouts didn't even play five minutes.

Collier is now one of the best players in the world, and will probably be a key part of the team. She is currently averaging 21, 11 and 4 in the WNBA. So the thinking was that the fact that she was on the team last time, even though she didn't get any meaningful minutes, will help her out this time. They decided not to include any players like that this time.

From a pure basketball standpoint she’s not one of the 12 best American players and there are several others that deserve consideration before her. She’s just a rookie and her time will come. Maybe a higher up should have mandated she make the team and play 20 plus minutes a game at the expense of the integrity and fairness. I’d completely understand if they did that. It’s business and that’s what you have to do sometimes.

Side note, there have way more egregious omissions from this team before, Candace Parker, etc. Again from a pure basketball standpoint.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
Reese was also left off the Olympic team .
Reese has championship rings at Clark’s expense - so she enjoys rubbing it in .

Yeah I remember Canada leaving Sid off of the 2006 winter olympic hockey team. How that work out for them? They didn't medal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT