ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Daughter Now Living in Pittsburgh

PotterCountyNative

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2005
I just returned from LAX, taking my daughter up there for a redeye to get back to her home of just over a year, Pittsburgh.

I asked her in all honesty, how she enjoyed living in Pittsburgh. Her reply was that she loved it, and the only reason she came back to SoCal was to visit family and friends, but when it is time to leave, she is fully ready to get back to Pittsburgh. Part of it is she finds Pittsburgh much slower in pace than SoCal, also, the people are more down to earth than folks out here.

Just thought I'd share her thoughts. She came out as a total surprise at my wife's retirement party on Saturday, we totally surprised the wife, she fully thought the daughter was in Pittsburgh.

If you might ask why I put up with SoCal, well growing up in the hills in Coudersport, I was a runt of a kid, and cold weather gave me uncontrollable shivers. When I got a chance to go where there was no winter in 1981, I jumped at it, and am happy I did. I have often said the only 2 things that kept me from moving back to Pittsburgh, January and February.

At least she knows we will visit her often, although she knows not often in January and February.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News