ADVERTISEMENT

OT: EAGLES on ESPN last night

Pitt1975

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2017
HHI
Was never a huge Eagles fan. (The Band). But I was impressed. They played for 3 hours on ESPNH. Vince Gill, Joe Walsh, and Glenn Fry’s son. Was very entertaining. Was bored and found it by coincidence...Happy I did! They are in their 70’s, and sounded great....

Was never a huge Eagles fan. (The Band). But I was impressed. They played for 3 hours on ESPNH. Vince Gill, Joe Walsh, and Glenn Fry’s son. Was very entertaining. Was bored and found it by coincidence...Happy I did! They are in their 70’s, and sounded great....

IMO they're the best.
OK, no problem, each to his own I guess.

Reactions: Pitt1975
Was more of a 1968-1973 Rock fan. Loved Joe Walsh in the James gang. Eagle’s had that country vibe. Not hateful, just not my genre...but I must say it was very enjoyable.

I’ve never considered myself the world’s biggest Eagles fan either. I always respected them, and “Hotel California” is an absolute masterpiece, but I was never an enormous admirer of their overall catalogue.

However, I also watched that concert last night and it was really, really good. It was a true head turner.

Other thoughts:
1.) Why was that on ESPN in the first place? I really liked it, but it seemed so wildly out of place to me.
2.) Are there plans for more concerts?
3.) If so, who?
4.) I often think that about how much music has changed over the years and honestly I think the greatest change has been in the way it is marketed. It is just been so fragmented and so specialized that we’ve lost some things away thousands has been Americana rural rock.

That genre was such an important part of the American music scene in the 60s and especially the 70s and 80s, and now it’s gone.

Today, the Eagles would be considered a country band — I have no doubt about it. Also, a band like Pink Floyd would be considered.

To me, and that’s not a great development for consumers. I think it has squeezed a lot of interesting artists out of the marketplace.

I’ve never considered myself the world’s biggest Eagles fan either. I always respected them, and “Hotel California” is an absolute masterpiece, but I was never an enormous admirer of their overall catalogue.

However, I also watched that concert last night and it was really, really good. It was a true head turner.

Other thoughts:
1.) Why was that on ESPN in the first place? I really liked it, but it seemed so wildly out of place to me.
2.) Are there plans for more concerts?
3.) If so, who?
4.) I often think that about how much music has changed over the years and honestly I think the greatest change has been in the way it is marketed. It is just been so fragmented and so specialized that we’ve lost some things away thousands has been Americana rural rock.

That genre was such an important part of the American music scene in the 60s and especially the 70s and 80s, and now it’s gone.

Today, the Eagles would be considered a country band — I have no doubt about it. Also, a band like Pink Floyd would be considered.

To me, and that’s not a great development for consumers. I think it has squeezed a lot of interesting artists out of the marketplace.
They thought it was a replay of the Eagles Super Bowl win and the fabulous Philly fan behavior but didn't realize it was about the music group.

Plus, the "E" in ESPN stands for Eagles. A little known fact.

ADVERTISEMENT