ADVERTISEMENT

OT: EIHL freak accident death

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
This might’ve been lost in the midst of yesterday’s game, but did anyone see what happened in European hockey last night? Ex-Penguin Adam Johnson tragically passed away after a skate slit his neck. I’m not going to link anything associated with the accident for obvious reasons, but I feel gutted for his family, friends, and the player whose skate did the damage. Can’t imagine having to carry that around even though it absolutely was not his fault.

I’ve heard of this type of freak accident happening before, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this outcome before. Just awful.

I just saw the news about it this morning. Absolutely awful and a freak accident.

Had a similar but different accident in a game I was skating maybe 15 years ago as a referee. My linesman caught a skate in the leg and hit the femoral artery. Luckily we had EMTs there who were able to stop the blood loss and save him and his leg.

Thoughts are with Adam’s family, both teams, and the spectators that were there and had to witness such a terrible thing.

• Sad
Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT