ADVERTISEMENT

OT: EURO2020

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
Surprised with all of our soccer experts and fans and how the sport is taking over America, there has been nothing posted. Especially in regards to Danish player Christian Eriksen's tragic collapse. I just happened to be on a break from yard work/yard sale and happened to see that unfold live. Shocking. And my god, you saw his body jolt on the ground obviously trying to be revived by a defibrillator and CPR being performed (successfully it turns out) was one of the most stunning things I ever saw.

Anyways....nothing? Certain posters seem more silent or muted, I am not sure what has gone on.

At first glance it looked like there might be another horrible episode this morning. Harry Kane was charging toward goal and at live speed it appeared as if his head hit the post and snapped back. Seeing the replay he luckily got his arm up just in time before his head hit.

I thought the Swiss employed some horrible tactics late in their match with Wales. They had controlled play all day and should have been up more than 1-0. Instead of continuing to press they went into somewhat of a shell and gave the Welsh enough room to build the momentum they needed to equalize. Not the worst result I guess with four 3rd place teams making it to the next round, but they unnecessarily gave away what should’ve been an easy win.

Last edited:
Surprised with all of our soccer experts and fans and how the sport is taking over America, there has been nothing posted. Especially in regards to Danish player Christian Eriksen's tragic collapse.

If you just look at the board dedicated to Olympic sports you will find that Mike and I were discussing it yesterday.

In the Denmark - Finland game late in the first half Christian Erickson of Denmark collapsed on the field while receiving a throw in. The medical people were called onto the field immediately. They were doing CPR on him and it looked like they zapped him with a portable defibrillator at least once or twice. Eventually they took him off the field on a stretcher. Obviously, the game has been suspended.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT