ADVERTISEMENT

OT - FSU to leave the ACC

What’s funny is (maybe scary) is their bot are fanboys that believe that stuff as well.

Well that's why they have lawyers and accountants, and their lawyers and accountants are telling them the real story. If someone sat there at their BOT meeting and trotted out those numbers the lawyers and the accountants in the room probably wouldn't be able to keep themselves from laughing out loud.

Here we go with the year end what if's. The bottom line is the ACC negotiated a bad TV deal. Clemson and FSU feel they carry the ACC in football and don't like the money they get. I'm sure when they see the money Northwestern, Indiana, and Vanderbilt get it drives them nuts.

Reactions: cbpitt2
Well that's why they have lawyers and accountants, and their lawyers and accountants are telling them the real story. If someone sat there at their BOT meeting and trotted out those numbers the lawyers and the accountants in the room probably wouldn't be able to keep themselves from laughing out loud.
Did you watch that meeting back in August. They trotted out those numbers and the bot ran with it as the reason to form an exit plan.

What’s funny is (maybe scary) is their bot are fanboys that believe that stuff as well.

FSU fans are as bad as the B12 ones. Actually, Clemson's arent anything like that. I mean they'll leave too but their fans arent complete morons.

If I am Pitt, BC, Syr, Lou, UVa, VT, Duke, Wake, GT, Miami, NC St, Cal, Stan, SMU, I sign some type of deal to bind themselves together....with an out where they can leave for a P2. Basically what these schools shouldn't let happen is what happened to the Pac 12 where everyone got scared and rushed to a shitty conference. These ACC schools should bind together and in the event of an P2 exodus, they either backfill with Big 12 schools or tell the B12, you have to take us all or none of us.

The Big 12 blows. I'd rather be in a league with

Syr
BC
UConn
VT
NC State
Duke
Wake
GT
Lou
USF
SMU
Cal
Stan

I'm good with that. No interest in playing B12 jucos.

If FSU gets in SEC or B10, they will have 3 or more losses each year maybe more. The committee would be arguing which loser bowl they should put them in each year.

Of course FSU is trying to leave which has been public knowledge for a long while, but MHver is absolute garbage. Has been just making up BS for years. Not a source you want to post if you want your post to have an ounce of credibility.
I fed him something I completely made up a year or two ago and, suddenly, he has an “unusual source” with ties to Pittsburgh.

If FSU gets in SEC or B10, they will have 3 or more losses each year maybe more. The committee would be arguing which loser bowl they should put them in each year.
You may not be wrong, but:

1. That becomes less of an issue with the expanded playoff and conference AQ’s
2. It’s all about $$$

Reactions: ThePanthers
Did you watch that meeting back in August. They trotted out those numbers and the bot ran with it as the reason to form an exit plan.

And yet so far, no exit.

Because at the end of the day there are at least a couple adults in the room, and those adults are the ones who are really making the decisions, or at least are the ones telling the people who make the decisions what the consequences of their actions will be.

And yet so far, no exit.

Because at the end of the day there are at least a couple adults in the room, and those adults are the ones who are really making the decisions, or at least are the ones telling the people who make the decisions what the consequences of their actions will be.

FSU (and others).is going to leave. The question is when. The idea that not making the CFP is going to expedite the process is absurd. They were as vocal as you can be about leaving. Any ACC school would accept a P2 bid tomorrow if offered. All FSU needs is

a) a P2 offer
b) the balls to leave without the realistic chance they wont get any TV revenue until 2036

If I'm a FSU fan, Clemson fan, heck even a Pitt fan and a P2 wants you.....you GO. Now! Eff the GOR. You'll find a way to pay the bills without TV revenue. Cut costs elsewhere. Cut programs. Make the fans pay. Whatever. Just go.

Reactions: pitt_134
FSU is not raising over a hundred million dollars to leave + then lose ~500 million over the next 12 years until the GOR runs out. This is all bs, they don't have the votes to dissolve the GOR any more today than they did six months ago

I been reading the Warchant website.

It’s a long and indepth thread. I will post a few highlights. They have a few posters that are tied to the university.

To say they’re pissed off is an understatement. The already raised the money for the exit fee. Apparently Clemson is also considering joining in. Which has both UNC and Virginia interested in seeing what happens.

Here’s the part that gets interesting. The Big12 released the message from their commissioner, that said he was going shopping in south Florida? Miami

Apparently all this unrest in the south has spooked the northern teams.
There are tweets around from B12 folks saying BC, Syracuse NC St, Pittsburgh have inquired about moving to the B12

Ultimately it sounds like the plan around the GOR is to destabilize the conference stir up a feeding frenzy so enough teams want out to dissolve the GOR.

WHAT. AGAIN????????

Well that's their ACC cut of the revenue, but I think the real kicker is not generating any TV revenue for their new conference, which makes them an unappealing add. I don't think the BIG wants to add FSU only to make the ACC richer when they host their big showdown with Ohio State.

I guess FSU could agree to some type of SMU deal whereby they're not drawing any BIG revenue for X amount of years. But they'd be leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table - in addition to the exit fee, as you mentioned - if they did that.

I think they probably figure out a way to leave before 2036, but we shall see. I honestly don't care. I'd rather compete against the ACC teams that don't view themselves as superior and the B12 teams anyway.
FSU isn't SMU financially, not even close. If FSU had the financial resources to leave they would be quiet, pay the exit fee and leave. They don't have the resources to do it so they bitch and moan. FSU = WVU of Florida.

Reactions: sdnp
I been reading the Warchant website.

It’s a long and indepth thread. I will post a few highlights. They have a few posters that are tied to the university.

To say they’re pissed off is an understatement. The already raised the money for the exit fee. Apparently Clemson is also considering joining in. Which has both UNC and Virginia interested in seeing what happens.

Here’s the part that gets interesting. The Big12 released the message from their commissioner, that said he was going shopping in south Florida? Miami

Apparently all this unrest in the south has spooked the northern teams.
There are tweets around from B12 folks saying BC, Syracuse NC St, Pittsburgh have inquired about moving to the B12

Ultimately it sounds like the plan around the GOR is to destabilize the conference stir up a feeding frenzy so enough teams want out to dissolve the GOR.

1. FL ST has always had several fans who feel their status should be higher. They will feel that way even if they go to another conference. I wouldn't put too much stake in their ramblings.

2. If FL ST can get into the B10 or SEC, they would take it. I don't see them getting out of the GOR. If they do, so what.

3. Citing B12 losers who have been dispersing lies ever since WVU was turned down by the ACC is lame. We all know they have no valid info because they never have. We also know they lie either to foment unrest or to make themselves feel important.

4. No team will leave the ACC for the B12. The B12 is not as good as the ACC, and it's about to become worst.

5. The ACC will be in the playoffs next year and every year thereafter.

6. Going to a conference like the B10 will actually make it harder to get in the playoffs. Just look at Penn State, a pretty good team who's going to have difficulty even with 12 playoff teams. They just went from perennially 3rd in the B10 to perennially 5th, not exactly a sure thing.

Florida State is most likely staying. If not, so what. The ACC will be just fine.

Ma
1. FL ST has always had several fans who feel their status should be higher. They will feel that way even if they go to another conference. I wouldn't put too much stake in their ramblings.

2. If FL ST can get into the B10 or SEC, they would take it. I don't see them getting out of the GOR. If they do, so what.

3. Citing B12 losers who have been dispersing lies ever since WVU was turned down by the ACC is lame. We all know they have no valid info because they never have. We also know they lie either to foment unrest or to make themselves feel important.

4. No team will leave the ACC for the B12. The B12 is not as good as the ACC, and it's about to become worst.

5. The ACC will be in the playoffs next year and every year thereafter.

6. Going to a conference like the B10 will actually make it harder to get in the playoffs. Just look at Penn State, a pretty good team who's going to have difficulty even with 12 playoff teams. They just went from perennially 3rd in the B10 to perennially 5th, not exactly a sure thing.

Florida State is most likely staying. If not, so what. The ACC will be just fine.

PSU will be in the CFP almost every year. They are going to win 10 most years with the unbalanced schedule. Washington isnt going to be good forever. PSU is a guaranteed 10-2 next year. Lose to OSU. Split Ore/Wash. Dont play Mich. USC sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Dude the B10 sucks. FSU would have easily gone 13-0 there. Especialy if they were in the West. And if you didn't notice the Seminoles beat two SEC bowl teams so its not necessarily impossible for them to go 12-1 or 13-0 in SEC either. Most of the conferences are loaded with tons of crappy teams just like the ACC. They just have more fans so TV loves them and acts like those two conferences are better.

It's all been a beauty show and the eye test for now since no one plays a similar schedule. But that all changes next year when they have a real playoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: goatman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT