ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Grammys

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
Seemed to have something for every genre. Time has treated Chapman well. Annie Lenox with Wendie and Lisa was awesome. I figured they would have Joni do either Both Sides Now or Circle Game, which are the two she has done since returning to select performances. Gave me chills. Annie Lennox had joined her recently before and Carlisle, but with Chapman, Phoebe Bridgers, and others in the crowd, I wonder if they could have done a cool star-studded rendition of circle game.

Also, not sure if Celine isn’t allowed to be touched with her medical condition, but thought swift should have paid more respect than just grabbing her Grammy. I’m not really a Cyrus fan, but she even gave props to Celine earlier in the evening.

Last edited:
The Grammy's kind of bums me out. It reminds me that I'm getting old. I'm not hostile about it - I realize that by and large, popular music today isn't being made to please me. I'm not some older guy that sits around complaining that music of today sucks and the kids today don't know what is good. And I do know and have heard most of the artists (and respect a lot of them as artists). I'm just bummed that I just can't get into it any longer. The Grammy's used to be "can't miss" viewing for me and now I don't really even care. Watched Cheers reruns on PlutoTv last night instead. :)

Reactions: Chairman Moe
I don't think I have watched the Grammy's for 30 years. It is just not really reflective of music I like. And yes, I know I am old when I don't know who most of these artists are.
I've never watched any award show of any kind my entire life, it's not like I quit watching them because I'm a grumpy old boomer, it's that I never started in the 1st place.

The Grammy's kind of bums me out. It reminds me that I'm getting old. I'm not hostile about it - I realize that by and large, popular music today isn't being made to please me. I'm not some older guy that sits around complaining that music of today sucks and the kids today don't know what is good. And I do know and have heard most of the artists (and respect a lot of them as artists). I'm just bummed that I just can't get into it any longer. The Grammy's used to be "can't miss" viewing for me and now I don't really even care. Watched Cheers reruns on PlutoTv last night instead. :)
Pete, I know what you mean. And while I don't spend much time listening to today's artists, I do know what I like - and much of what I like has surpassed the decades and continues to be appreciated (even by millennials, I trust)

The lyrics to both sides now simply incredible. You could put a half dozen of todays artists in a room for a week with booze and coke and they couldn’t come up with lyrics lie that. Joni Mitchell was and is music gold.

Because it’s nonsense
Watch
She’s so injured he was immediately released
That's just how it works in Los Angeles for misdemeanor battery. He threw her to the ground and she requested a PPA. Every time that happens, the suspect is arrested, processed, and released on their own recognizance. If it was worse and was considered aggribated assault, he would've been required to post bail most likely.

That's just how it works in Los Angeles for misdemeanor battery. He threw her to the ground and she requested a PPA. Every time that happens, the suspect is arrested, processed, and released on their own recognizance. If it was worse and was considered aggribated assault, he would've been required to post bail most likely.
You were a witness ?
Cool
My money is on no charges are prosecuted

You were a witness ?
Cool
My money is on no charges are prosecuted
Evidence was provided to the investigating officer to validate what happened. It's public record. If nothing happened, he still would've been arrested via the PPA, but he would've been released without being charged.

While I'm in no way vested in the outcome of this criminal complaint, your whole premise is flawed. It's not nonsense, it happened. And everyone who is arrested via PPA for misdemeanor battery in L.A. is released after processing or released without being charged if there is no evidence. Those are indisputable facts.

Having said that, it's an odd take to immediately take the side of a man who allegedly batters a woman.

Evidence was provided to the investigating officer to validate what happened. It's public record. If nothing happened, he still would've been arrested via the PPA, but he would've been released without being charged.

While I'm in no way vested in the outcome of this criminal complaint, your whole premise is flawed. It's not nonsense, it happened. And everyone who is arrested via PPA for misdemeanor battery in L.A. is released after processing or released without being charged if there is no evidence. Those are indisputable facts.

Having said that, it's an odd take to immediately take the side of a man who allegedly batters a woman.
She wants a payday
Like I said

She wants a payday
Like I said
You have no idea.

The only thing I know for sure is that you are for men battering women. You must not have a wife (female anyway) or a daughter. You do/did have a mother. How would you feel if killer Mike threw her to the ground? Would she just be looking for a payday?

How do you think she tricked killer Mike into throwing her to the ground anyway? Pretty impressive manipulation skills to get someone to commit a crime at the Grammys in front of tons of people.

Crazy ass hill to die on lol.

Reactions: Pitt NIL_2024
The question in class today was "who listens to Killer Mike?" 23/24 high school kids in my home room never heard of him.
Bet they know run the jewels

They probably don’t know talik kweli or mos def , either

Black Thought’s solo work especially with Danger Mouse is outstanding , too

Bet they know run the jewels

They probably don’t know talik kweli or mos def , either

Black Thought’s solo work especially with Danger Mouse is outstanding , too
Nope. Asked the group in today's morning lift.

Hip Hop relevancy is fleeting for the majority of young listeners.

Wonder what they do listen to
I’m guessing they know RTJ but perhaps not the single member Killer Mike. My kid, now a freshman in college has been a huge RTJ fan for about 4 years. Of course my kid’s musical taste and knowledge is pretty off the charts amazing so he may not be the best sample.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT