ADVERTISEMENT

OT-HOF and Ray lewis SI article

jrfrph

Prep
Nov 17, 2014
I don’t post very often on here, but this just was kind of story that has been hanging around for a long time. There’s an essay on Ray Lewis and how the Ravens and NFL protected him. This could apply to any number of players (ie Michael Irvin and even Ben when his time comes). I remember someone had given me tickets to the Raven’s first home game after Lewis got back to playing after the incident in Atlanta. He got a standing ovation. Here’s a link.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/04/ray-lewis-hall-fame-weekend-atlanta-murders

Must not have been watching football when Dick Butkus, Willie Lanier, and Jack Lambert were playing.
I was. I am not a Lewis fan but it is my opinion he played the position best. And that is not to dis any of the others.

Lewis didn't kill anybody. His friends did. Nobody ever alleged he actually killed someone, including the prosecution. He was charged as an accomplice to murder. But even that was just an overcharge to get him to fold (not an uncommon prosecutorial tactic). Lewis folded and became a witness for the state.
It's alright to not like Lewis. But at least not like him for the right reasons.

Reactions: wbrpanther
Actually, neither of them was convicted of . . .

Cmon man, even O.J. has basically admitted he did it. Literally nobody other than the very stupid or the very liberal believe otherwise.

As someone who lives in Las Vegas he was totally railroaded on the memorabilia crap though. Judge Jackie Glass is a hero to many for what she did, even though it was unjustified IMO.

Cmon man, even O.J. has basically admitted he did it. Literally nobody other than the very stupid or the very liberal believe otherwise.

As someone who lives in Las Vegas he was totally railroaded on the memorabilia crap though. Judge Jackie Glass is a hero to many for what she did, even though it was unjustified IMO.
Juice is a murdering psychopath anybody with 10 brain cells gets that one....

He only got off because idiot , arrogant Garcetti moved the trial downtown and Johnnie Cochran played the race card, from the bottom of the deck as Robert Shapiro stated after the trial.

He’ll be back in the news someday again, and it won’t be for finding the real killer.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT