ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "Horns Down" Might be a penalty

Horns Down

I guess this falls under taunting if you flash the gesture at a Texas player. Made me wonder what other gestures, symbols, or words would upset other schools? Can you do 13-9 with your fingers?
Is there a gesture for sister marrying, or sheep loving?

The Big Xll might want to check those out.

But, in all seriousness, this is taking things a bit far.

Horns Down

I guess this falls under taunting if you flash the gesture at a Texas player. Made me wonder what other gestures, symbols, or words would upset other schools? Can you do 13-9 with your fingers?
Isn’t there deeper problems to worry about?

No cheering if your team scores or makes a great play......we would not want the other team to feel bad. Just give everyone a participation sticker on their forehead!

Texas. Rugged individuals. Land of manly men, guns on hip, constantly at the ready yet amazingly traumatized by 18-22 year-old's clowning on their little hand gestures.
I don’t think it has to do with being insulted, I think it has to do with stealing an advantage.

But I also think that every team should do it on every play. Take the loss and let them have the phony win like the losers they really are.

I don’t think it has to do with being insulted, I think it has to do with stealing an advantage.

But I also think that every team should do it on every play. Take the loss and let them have the phony win like the losers they really are.
I'm not sure there is any advantage to flashing signs. So far as phony wins are concerned, the amount of talk that goes on probably far exceeds anything you could do with your hand gestures. Pretty sure this is more about what it looks like on TV and who worries about it the most.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I'm not sure there is any advantage to flashing signs. So far as phony wins are concerned, the amount of talk that goes on probably far exceeds anything you could do with your hand gestures. Pretty sure this is more about what it looks like on TV and who worries about it the most.
Bingo. It has nothing to do with the players on the field.

Reactions: pittdan77
Would still be nice to see a team take the penalty on every play. Maybe the whole team give the sign all game long.

Horns up should also be a penalty then.
Opposing teams should moon the crowd instead.
Fun Fact: After a HS track meet, our coach was told by one of the other school’s coaches that a little black boy mooned him from the back of our bus as we were heading home.

At our next practice our coach relayed the story, and asked if anyone wanted to confess. We all started laughing hysterically, and the only black kid on the team admitted that he had done it.

The coach was even laughing when told the kid how many extra laps he was going to have to run.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT