ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I thought the Steelers did not have cheerleaders?

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
I saw one cheerleader in the sidelines at the game tonight. When did this change?

I saw one cheerleader in the sidelines at the game tonight. When did this change?
Really? Is there a picture? I don't care if they do or not, but actually I want cheerleaders now, it's like another autistic Rainman Rooney thing, never fire the coach, run the ball, no cheerleaders, all of a sudden, I'm all in on cheerleaders just because it's anti Steelers Way :)

I don’t have a picture but as the Steelers scored a TD, there was a guy on the field waving a Steelers flag. He was definitely there in an official capacity.

I don’t have a picture but as the Steelers scored a TD, there was a guy on the field waving a Steelers flag. He was definitely there in an official capacity.
They do have some sort of mascot in a costume, called Steely McBeam

Well this post lead me to learn something new. The Steelers were the first NFL team with a cheerleading squad and they were all RMU students.

Reactions: TheChair
Please no cheerleaders. College is fine because at least they are students and part of the club/team but there should be no cheerleaders in professional sports IMO.

So then not in college football, either?

Well this post lead me to learn something new. The Steelers were the first NFL team with a cheerleading squad and they were all RMU students.
The old story passed down through time was that a married player on the team got a cheerleader pregnant and Art Rooney pulled the plug. And the Steelers have held the line since.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT