ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Inside Out 2

JohnnyGossamer

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2010
Everyone expected it to be big but not quite this big. Seems like everyone's seeing it. At the moment - and things can change of course - it's outpacing Barbie and Mario from last year. It's at 726M WW in just days.

So, with that, who here has seen it? And, if so, what'd ya think of it?

my buddy saw it with his kids and he said he cried at the end. i thought he was kidding. i dont think he was.

i vaguely remember the first one with my kids and didnt really think much of it, surprising that it is doing so well.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
my buddy saw it with his kids and he said he cried at the end. i thought he was kidding. i dont think he was.

i vaguely remember the first one with my kids and didnt really think much of it, surprising that it is doing so well.
There's a sequence at the end that hits hard. Movie itself is very good but not one of Pixar's best BUT that moment in the film is one of the very best in anything Pixar...

I wept openly at the first one
Between bing bong and goofball island dying , how could any parent not be emotional ?

There's a sequence at the end that hits hard. Movie itself is very good but not one of Pixar's best BUT that moment in the film is one of the very best in anything Pixar...
still a fan of the Toy Story trilogy, or was there 4?? Really liked those. actually liked Finding Nemo a lot too. disliked "up", coco was a tad dark for me..

Think im the only person on the planet that liked ratatouille (sp?). Loved Monsters Inc and Monster University (whatever the 2nd one was called).

Brave and the little dinosaur were really good. LIked Cars, didnt care for 2 or 3.. Was Moana Pixar?

We need a pixar movie ranking thread.

going in I thought it would be hard to replicate past success. Sort of like how would Frozen 2 compete with the original. But somehow it really did work well. Not as much humor, but solid and will normalize a lot of stuff for parents and those kids in the 10-15 age range. I think a lot of poor performance in recent movies was poor stories/less creativity. Or just too many sub stories (e.g., Star Wars series) and not enough novel ideas. This movie was sort of refreshing in that sense. Seemed more like original storytelling.

Everyone expected it to be big but not quite this big. Seems like everyone's seeing it. At the moment - and things can change of course - it's outpacing Barbie and Mario from last year. It's at 726M WW in just days.

So, with that, who here has seen it? And, if so, what'd ya think of it?
I heard it’s pretty good but I’m stuck between being a young parent and a grandparent, so I won’t be seeing it. That said I thoroughly enjoyed all the classic Disney animated stuff and our 100 trips to Disney world through the years.

It was a really good movie. Lately I only go to the theater for kids movies. Inside Out 2 gets my seal of approval. Kung Fu Panda 4 was a regrettable choice.

More emotional than the end of Toy Story 3? That one crushed me. Seriously. And it all came back to me the day we moved our first born to college a few years ago. Especially when my son hugged our dog before he got into the car. Brought Toy Story 3 right back to my mind.

Good movie that’s message is geared for 12-25 year olds, or older maybe. I thought it was very good and my young kids liked it just because they enjoy concession food and anything animated.

still a fan of the Toy Story trilogy, or was there 4?? Really liked those. actually liked Finding Nemo a lot too. disliked "up", coco was a tad dark for me..

Think im the only person on the planet that liked ratatouille (sp?). Loved Monsters Inc and Monster University (whatever the 2nd one was called).

Brave and the little dinosaur were really good. LIked Cars, didnt care for 2 or 3.. Was Moana Pixar?

We need a pixar movie ranking thread.
Ratatouille and WALLE are my favorites. I also love Coco and Up though. Obviously The Incredibles is great too. Toy Story 3 is my favorite story. Luca, Soul and Turning Red were all almost great. Not huge Monsters Inc, Monsters U, Brave, Bug's Life but they're all fine though. Don't really enjoy the Cars trilogy much.

Oh, Inside Out is on the level with Toy Story 3 for me though I prefer Toy Story 3.

I have not seen it, but my youngest has seen it twice already. Once with my wife and middle child when it first came out, and again recently with friends. They all thought it was good.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I have two young daughters who love the first movie. We haven’t seen the second one yet but I’m glad to hear everyone likes it. The entire concept of a group of characters living inside a young girl’s head was a stroke of brilliance by the creators.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT