ADVERTISEMENT

OT: It’s November...... It’s Masters Week!!

NCanton Panther

All American
Sep 22, 2001
I know we have some golf fans on the board. So in this very strange year (now that’s an understatement), is anyone excited for the Masters this week or are we all too locked into football mode?

It will definitely be different, no crowds, no azaleas, etc.

I usually follow golf fairly well but haven’t been paying any attention since the US Open and FedEx Championship wrapped up.

I’m going to on the road for work the 1st 2 rounds but will look to watch this weekend although the normal enthusiasm for it just isn’t there.

I guess no interest in the Masters this week, at least not til Thursday.

but I’m bumping this nonetheless to ask if anyone saw that crazy hole-in-one by Rahm on 16 in yesterday’s practice round?

He skipped it about 5-6 times over the water between the tee and the hole, which he was trying to do, but then it rolled the length of the green and nicely right into the hole.

We should all have such luck.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
I guess no interest in the Masters this week, at least not til Thursday.

but I’m bumping this nonetheless to ask if anyone saw that crazy hole-in-one by Rahm on 16 in yesterday’s practice round?

He skipped it about 5-6 times over the water between the tee and the hole, which he was trying to do, but then it rolled the length of the green and nicely right into the hole.

We should all have such luck.
I read that’s a tradition to skip a shot - acing it was amazing

I’ll probably have it on in the background during work Thursday and Friday but once Saturday rolls around I won’t have much interest.

It hasn’t gotten as much publicity but Rahm also aced a hole on Monday. The odds of that - even for a pro - have to be astronomical.

All Masters! Minimal football....except for 4:25 on Sunday. Steelers/Bungles. Masters will be over around 4.

For you sports gamblers, golf is better to bet than anything.

I read that’s a tradition to skip a shot - acing it was amazing

Yes, it’s a big part of the practice rounds. Guys usually hit a regular shot then try skipping a couple across, crowd pretty much demands it. Have sat there multiple times and watched guys give it a shot, saw a few get close but never a hole in one.

All Masters! Minimal football....except for 4:25 on Sunday. Steelers/Bungles. Masters will be over around 4.

For you sports gamblers, golf is better to bet than anything.
The great thing about the Masters now with football, is it is pretty much dark by 5-5:30 depending on overcast. So...all of the afternoon football games won't be interfered with. You got morning golf.

Saturday and Sunday will be great. The Masters will be long over by the time the Pitt/GT and Steelers/Bengals kick off. Win/win.

Reactions: PA_Panther
Man calm conditions right now with extremely wet grounds and slow greens, these guys are playing lawn jarts right now.

What's funny is I remember during the summer a few of us looking eagerly at this coming weekend of golf, college football and the NFL when we were all desperate for sports of any kind.

Bumping this one last time to say congrats to Dustin Johnson for cruising to an impressive win.

And thanks to Tiger for making all us amateur weekend golfers feel a little better. If one of the best golfers of all time can take a 10 on a par 3, some of our bad holes don’t seem as frustrating any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT