ADVERTISEMENT

OT: landscaping and landscapers

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Saw this clip and thought I’d share. Anyone have any tricks or tips that work well for you? I have a lot of mulch beds around my property and sometimes struggle with the edging. Never saw this orange trimmer this guy is using. I’ve managed to get some of my edging to look like this without the tool, but not all of it. I might buy one but an initial google search yielded no returns.

I used to use this natural edge approach but it takes a lot of work to maintain. I would use that hand spade to make a straight edge and then use my edger to edge it when I cut the grass. The hand edging needs to be done every year to maintain that sharp edge. If you live in an area like the south where we have the red clay it’s a pain in the ass as you have to remove the red clay you cut out. In this vid the sub soul was incredibly rich so he could mix it in with mulch.

The other issue with this approach is that if you do use some sort of wood mulch it has to be very thin at the edge or when you come along with the edger you’ll have wood mulch flying everywhere. Thin mulch’s allows the weeds to grow and now your constantly weeding the bed

Finally if you have grass like Bermuda in the south this approach makes it easier for the Bermuda to invade your beds. (Not a problem with cool climate grasses)

I now use declarative edging pavers They allow you to maintain a nice high level of mulch and makes edging easier. It’s more expensive and doesn’t look quite as clean as the natural edge but it’s far easier to maintain.

But if you do decide to go with the natural edge the power edgers is the best way to keep a nice clean edge. I have a multi tool so I have an edger attachment along with a trimmer hedge cutter blower snd pole saw. One of the best tools to have for the lawn/garden

• Love
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Saw this clip and thought I’d share. Anyone have any tricks or tips that work well for you? I have a lot of mulch beds around my property and sometimes struggle with the edging. Never saw this orange trimmer this guy is using. I’ve managed to get some of my edging to look like this without the tool, but not all of it. I might buy one but an initial google search yielded no returns.

In that I have been blessed with a very large penis, edge envy is the only envy that haunts me day in day out...I think the key is to get yourself a Dreamer who dreams of edging...

• Wow

Look for long handled edging shear or grass shear.

Wrong board. Ask on the PSU board

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Which school has a major geared specifically towards lawn maintenance? It went right over your head.
We all know what PSU specializes in. We don’t have to use every relatable issue and litter our boards with mentions of the school. Some of us wouldn’t mind going through a day without hearing about a school 3 hours northeast of Pitt and doesn’t reside in our conference.

You want to know why Nitters mock Pitt fans for being obsessed with them? Just pay attention to the posting history of some of the heavy traffic posters on this board.

Reactions: FireballZ
We all know what PSU specializes in. We don’t have to use every relatable issue and litter our boards with mentions of the school. Some of us wouldn’t mind going through a day without hearing about a school 3 hours northeast of Pitt and doesn’t reside in our conference.

You want to know why Nitters mock Pitt fans for being obsessed with them? Just pay attention to the posting history of some of the heavy traffic posters on this board.
I completely agree that this board should be strictly focused on Pitt and Football. All the off topic threads are ridiculous. There are MLB boards designed for the Pirates. NHL boards for Pens talk. You can also find boards related to lawn maintenance.

Last edited:
I completely agree that this board should be strictly focused on Pitt and Football. All the off topic threads are ridiculous. There are MLB boards designed for the Pirates. NHL boards for Pens talk. You can also find boards related to lawn maintenance.
I’ll respectfully disagree. The OT threads are often good and entertaining and help keep things lively during not-in-season down periods such as now. And as far as MLB/NBA/Pens/Pirates/Steelers threads, there’s obviously a lot of posters herein interested in all these. If you’re not, easy, just don’t click on the thread.

I’ll respectfully disagree. The OT threads are often good and entertaining and help keep things lively during not-in-season down periods such as now. And as far as MLB/NBA/Pens/Pirates/Steelers threads, there’s obviously a lot of posters herein interested in all these. If you’re not, easy, just don’t click on the thread.
This is a Pitt football message board. You’d think the focus would be on Pitt and June is the biggest month for recruiting, so it’s a relevant topic.

I’m sure Peak doesn’t mind the traffic, and if there’s too much clutter, the pay board might be a better option. The pay board is where the valuable football discussion resides. OT threads are the best threads on the free board.

I come here to converse with my Pitt brethren. They are the folks I prefer to discuss things with. I’m not looking for my Pitt brothers to encourage me to go talk with people I have no interest in conversing with on another schools site.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT