ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Legoland Florida

Pittgolf1971

Redshirt
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2012
So on the second to last day of our 7 day vacation to Legoland in Florida. Many of you have younger kids, as do I. 8 and 5. All in all a fun trip. But if you do come here don’t expect Disney.

The Good:
Rides were fun. More like an Idlewild environment. My son is 8 and I wouldn’t bring him again as he would be too big for most of the rides. Also pretty much zero lines so you can hit the entire park in a day.
Water Park was a lot of fun also. Lots of slides, wave pool, and gigantic splash pad. Kids had alot of fun. If you go I’d dedicate an entire day to the water park. Also get a cabana. The sun in Florida is no joke.
Hotel was fun. Rooms are amazing. All are themed room. And they have nightly dance parties for the kid and Lego scavenger hunts.
There are on site restaurants. And free family style breakfast. Which was nice. Restaurants were reasonably priced for what you got.

The Bad:
Housecleaning service was bad. Came around the time we were going to dinner nightly.
Pool wasn’t as clean as it should have. Plus the on-site water slide at the hotel opened from 5-9 nightly due to lifeguard shortages.

The Ugly:
Fire alarm went off on Wednesday night at 11 pm. Could definitely smell something burning. Took them forever to figure out what the problem was. Which was nothing. Forrest fire was causing the smell. But stood outside for an hour with no answers.

All in all, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Legoland was around $3500 for the week. Disney was $15,000 for the week. It was a nice vacation but probably wouldn’t come back due to kids ages and such.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News