ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Leonard Hamilton

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
Says he will be back and only thing that would not have him back is his health. Is FSU making a mistake not pushing him out to grab Dennis Gates before Texas most likely does?

Mizzou is a better job than FSU. I don't think he would leave Columbia to return to Tallahassee.
Hamilton reminds me of Dixon angst. It’s not the best job. Even UF has had trouble following Billy Donovan multiple times now. It’s also not like they lack a ton of talent. Just hasn’t clicked this year for them.

Hamilton reminds me of Dixon angst. It’s not the best job. Even UF has had trouble following Billy Donovan multiple times now. It’s also not like they lack a ton of talent. Just hasn’t clicked this year for them.

And he’s just two years removed from a conference championship. I’m sure he gets a long time to turn it around given he’s the best coach they’ve ever had by a mile (not saying much, I know). He gets another few years, even on the Dixon timeline.

Says he will be back and only thing that would not have him back is his health. Is FSU making a mistake not pushing him out to grab Dennis Gates before Texas most likely does?

This year's coaching job by Hamilton is one of the worst I've seen. They have bubble talent and are ranked 215th.

This year's coaching job by Hamilton is one of the worst I've seen. They have bubble talent and are ranked 215th.
You shoulda been around for his Oklahoma State teams of the 80’s. Byron Houston. Richard Dumas. John Starks. And they were barely .500 teams -overall. Just awfully coached.

It make perfect sense to think Hamilton suddenly forgot how to coach while ignoring the injuries and missing players. 🙄

The injury stuff is total fake news. A few walk-ons were injured early. So what. Of the 6 players averaging the most points (above 5 PPG), all 6 played their 1st 10 games, where they started 1-9. That was totally uncalled for and is a perfect example of how incompetent Leonard Hamilton is. I was always really hard on him on this board as I lumped him in with Romar and Gottfried but then he started recruiting lottery picks and they started winning despite his ineptitude. Now, he's back to having JUST bubble talent and instead he's losing to girls teams in November and effing up the whole conference. If he doesn't have lottery picks, he cant win.

Congratulations to Roll the Balls Out Leonard for managing to stay within 50 points of that Clemson juggernaut. Only lost by 40. You are witnessing one of the worst coaching performances in ACC history.

Congratulations to Roll the Balls Out Leonard for managing to stay within 50 points of that Clemson juggernaut. Only lost by 40. You are witnessing one of the worst coaching performances in ACC history.
Not even close to Stallings' 0-18. That's the worst ever.

Not even close to Stallings' 0-18. That's the worst ever.

If we are talking about actual coaching (minus recruiting), you could make a case that 0-18 was not the worst coaching performance in ACC history because it was believed to be the worst roster in ACC history. But it does take a special kind of bad to go 0-18. And Im not saying Hamilton this year is the worst ever. Saying its one of the worst. Top 10? Top 20? I don't know. But they have bubble talent and went 2-9 OOC and just got drilled by 40 by Dabo Swinney U.

If we are talking about actual coaching (minus recruiting), you could make a case that 0-18 was not the worst coaching performance in ACC history because it was believed to be the worst roster in ACC history. But it does take a special kind of bad to go 0-18. And Im not saying Hamilton this year is the worst ever. Saying its one of the worst. Top 10? Top 20? I don't know. But they have bubble talent and went 2-9 OOC and just got drilled by 40 by Dabo Swinney U.
Aren't there injuries on FSU that has hampered their season? Hamilton hasn't had a season like this with FSU ever right? Or not for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT