ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Leveraging job offers

pghsonj1325

Head Coach
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hi all, a bit off topic here but I’m seeking some advice from all of you.

I have been working in professional sports for a team for 3 years now. I recently decided to leave the organization due to some professional reasons, nothing bad, just difference of opinion and I’m at the point of my career that I can comfortably step away for a month or two to and get back on the horse - which I did.

So now, I’m in somewhat of a predicament.

I have been offered a really intriguing job outside of professional sports but definitely in my arena. It’s a booming industry and the position pays much better than my previous job. A win all around - except I’d have to move to Philly, oh well, not the worst thing I guess.

However I know I am a finalist (final 3) for a job I think that I prefer, that would keep me in my sport for a different team. It would certainly be a big promotion from my last job.

What is the best way to leverage the offer I have in hand, to possibly expedite the process of being hired or maybe even sway them to picking me regardless?

If any of you work in HR or know a professional way to go about this I’d love some tips.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News