ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mice problem

We had an exterminator (for another issue) tell us that regarding mice, there's no way to keep them from coming in. You can only treat the problem (ie killing them).

We have a pest service and part of their quarterly routine is to put some traps outside where we thought a couple got it. Haven’t seen any since. Probably not foolproof, but worth a shot.

We noticed a couple droppings, nothing major, 2 nights ago in our pantry/laundry off our kitchen. I went out and bought some traps and in 48 hours have caught 7 mice. This has reached the level of disturbing and disgusting. I have a small hole in the floor by my dryer’s gas line that they must be coming up through…which means they are in my basement ceiling. I don’t see any exterior access points so not sure how they got in but I’m sure it’s not difficult for them with opening garage doors, etc.

Anyone ever have a similar problem or experience? Weird that we see a couple droppings and then killed 7 mice almost instantly. Hoping it’s only a mom, dad, and one litter and nothing more.
I like to catch them live and torture them. My favorite method is putting them in front of the tv and forcing them to watch reruns of the Pitt '23 football season. When they play dead I release them into my neighbor's garage (Penn State fan). I've also tried forcing them to watch Narduzzi's post game interviews but they just sit still....stare at one another....and shake their heads! Good luck!

I got moles/voles all over my yard and garden. So much so, it attracts neighborhood cats. Which also leads to rabbits (property borders on some woods) which then the cats go after. Evidently the past week one of the cats must of gotten a rabbit. Why? Because when I let my two dogs out when they came back to the door to let them in, one had like this big Santa Clause like furry mustache/beard coming out of her mouth. It was hilarious. I should have taken a picture. But it was a tail of a rabbit.
I fought Voles for a year. Finally i was told to buy the poison in the form of worms. Worked like a charm. Got rid of them in less then a month.

As a landlord who owns houses that are 130+ years old and impossible to totally seal up, I've had good luck with this stuff. It's on Amazon. I've never had a tenant complain about smelling a dead mouse. I've killed rats with it and they do smell, though. But it died in the basement where I could reach it.

Farnam Just One Bite II Bait Chunks, 8lbs (64, 2 oz chuncks)​

1. Farnam Just One Bite II Bait Chunks, 8lbs (64, 2 oz chuncks)

Trust me. These are awsome. Boat, car , garage , shed they work. 3 D batteries last over a year.

You just sit them in a corner or where ever. Every couple seconds they vibrate and make a noise. Keeps everything away

If a mouse came into our house my wife would move us out then have here Italian father to “take care” of the problem. Aka burn it down haha.

I like to catch them live and torture them. My favorite method is putting them in front of the tv and forcing them to watch reruns of the Pitt '23 football season. When they play dead I release them into my neighbor's garage (Penn State fan). I've also tried forcing them to watch Narduzzi's post game interviews but they just sit still....stare at one another....and shake their heads! Good luck!
You monster.

Reactions: vantheman1976
I’d rather live in the burbs with mice than in the city with the humans who live there.

Plus you cant get a shack in the North Side for less than $1 million apparently. Everyone wants to live in city shacks. Demand is huge.

Plus you cant get a shack in the North Side for less than $1 million apparently. Everyone wants to live in city shacks. Demand is huge.
Too many heathens. But hey it’s a thing these days. How wonderful.

I fought Voles for a year. Finally i was told to buy the poison in the form of worms. Worked like a charm. Got rid of them in less then a month.
Moles are in your yard because you have grubs. No grubs, no moles! Best way to get rid of grubs, use milky spore. This product is totally safe for worms and other animals including children. Once milky spore used it may last for years and keep your yard grub free and mole free.

Reactions: Ray-Ray
Moles are in your yard because you have grubs. No grubs, no moles! Best way to get rid of grubs, use milky spore. This product is totally safe for worms and other animals including children. Once milky spore used it may last for years and keep your yard grub free and mole free.
That’s not entirely true. Moles also feed on earthworms, not just grubs.

Oh yeah...I had major grubs. They ate my grass.

Best you can do is keep them out of your living areas. There are hundreds of mice in most homes.
They hide in Tesla's, which produces chewed lines and service calls. But they can only run 200 feet.

Voles and moles are entirely different. I dont have moles as i use grub control each spring.

They only need a dime size entry point -
They come from the outside - you won’t kill yourself to a solution.

Mostly they will come through pipe opening.

We put some of these in our basement , which helps too
Actually, a mouse can fit through a 1/4 inch hole or the size of a pencil width. I agree, you can't stop them, just treat the symptoms. I have traps set year-round to keep the problem to a minimum. I use Tomcat attractant gel on the trap. Works really well and much easier than putting cheese/peanut butter on a trap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT