ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minnesota DC Joe Rossi

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Rossi is from Pittsburgh (Central Catholic) and played at Allegheny before starting his coaching career. My question is if he has any relation to South Fayette head coach Joe Rossi (IMO the best current coach in the WPIAL, but that’s for another thread)? I’m assuming no, but I find it fascinating that two football coaches from Pittsburgh would share the exact same name, and a relatively unique one at that.

Last edited:
His dad Joe Rossi is a great local union man.
Negotiated with him on opposite sides when he was with the Teamsters local 249- just a class act.
He talked proudly about his son who was coaching at Rutgers at the time.

His dad Joe Rossi is a great local union man.
Negotiated with him on opposite sides when he was with the Teamsters local 249- just a class act.
He talked proudly about his son who was coaching at Rutgers at the time.
Rutgers? Union? Teamsters? Perfect fit to me!!!! :)

Rossi is from Pittsburgh (Central Catholic) and played at Allegheny before starting his coaching career. My question is if he has any relation to South Fayette head coach Joe Rossi (IMO the best current coach in the WPIAL, but that’s for another thread)? I’m assuming no, but I find it fascinating that two football coaches from Pittsburgh would share the exact same name, and a relatively unique one at that.
I actually played for this guy many years ago. He plays an attacking style of defense with athletic penetrating D-linemen very similar to what Pitt does now. I'm proud of how he has ascended up the ranks. He is a really good person.

I actually played for this guy many years ago. He plays an attacking style of defense with athletic penetrating D-linemen very similar to what Pitt does now. I'm proud of how he has ascended up the ranks. He is a really good person.
That’s an awesome story. I hope he can continue his ascension in the P5 coaching ranks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT