ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA Tourney Tix in Pittsburgh

InfoManiac

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 3, 2015
Butler Co, PA
Pittsburgh has been a great location for the NCAA Tourney over the years in terms of ticket sales. This year the NCAA is having real trouble selling tourney tickets in Pittsburgh. (Probably everywhere) I’ve gone to the NCAA tourney about 15 times at multiple venues, so the NCAA has my contact info.

About a month ago an NCAA rep from Indy actually sent me a personal email then called me a few days later to try to get me buy tickets. So times are tough. I told him I wasn’t going this year since I have All Session tickets to the PAC 12 tourney and I’ll be out of town when Pittsburgh hosts the NCAA.

The reason for this post is I wanted everyone to know I got another email today that upper deck seats behind the baskets have been reduced to $40/ea for session 1, $50 for session 2 and $80 for session 3. This is really cheap. I’m sure other locations have been reduced too.

I’ve sat high, low and mid level depending on what I was willing to spend that year and I always enjoyed the viewing experience no matter where I was. This is an incredible price if you’ve never been to these games or if you’d like to do it on the cheap. It’s a super opportunity.

Just get on Ticketmaster and see what is available. Looks like a lot. There usually is an opportunity to move to better seats for game 2 of the session as fans leave after their team plays.

Last time in Pittsburgh we had Duke, Oklahoma, Villanova, Alabama, Rhode Island, VT, Iona, Redford. 10 players from the Pittsburgh sessions were drafted in that year including: Marvin Bagley, Trae Young, Wendal Carter, Collin Sexton, Myles Bridges, DeVencenzo, Grayson Allen, Omari Spellman, Jalen Brunson, Gary Trent, 8 were first rounders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News