ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nets ===> Knicks

Nets with Kyrie, KD, and DeAndre Jordan? I guess KD misses all of next season but my next NBA prediction might be the Nets win the East in 2021 but I have to wait a year to make that official.

So basically 82 million for his first season in Brooklyn.
I don't even know what to think about that. I can see why the Knicks passed.

Not really. Its 4 years, $164 million. He isn't playing the first year, so you can say its 3 years of playing for $164 million so that's be 54,666,667 for 3 years of playing. That's $666,667 per game.

I don't blame the Knicks for passing on KD given how much help they need. I think he comes back at 75% and I don't think he can make the Nets championship contender alongside the perennial malcontent in Irving. That team will need more than that to beat the Sixers.

That being said, the Knicks wasted a ton of money on free agency. They needed to land a centerpiece and build around them. They accomplished nothing. Signing KD would have been better than what little they did.

So basically 82 million for his first season in Brooklyn.
I don't even know what to think about that. I can see why the Knicks passed.
Stop believing fake narratives. The Knicks didn't pass on KD.

KD passed on the Knicks. It was a package deal with Kyrie and KD.

Knicks would've signed him if wanted to go there.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Stop believing fake narratives. The Knicks didn't pass on KD.

KD passed on the Knicks. It was a package deal with Kyrie and KD.

Knicks would've signed him if wanted to go there.

I thought they were offering a sub max deal though. Sure everyone wants Durant. Some wanted him enough to make max contract offer. Knicks had room for two!

I thought they were offering a sub max deal though. Sure everyone wants Durant. Some wanted him enough to make max contract offer. Knicks had room for two!
Brooklyn is also offering KD and Kyrie sub max deals that will be made up through bonus incentives that won't count against the cap. They're taking less against the cap so the Nets could sign another player.

That's why the Knicks narrative comes across as spin.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I don't know if it matters with what the Sixers did. Horford at the 4 and Tobias at the 3 AND got a really good SG in Richardson for a player that was leaving anyways...good stuff. Just imagine how good they can be if Simmons can improve his shooting enough to the point where he can hit a few 15 footers per game. They can also preserve Embiid by sliding Horford to the 5 for stretches.

I don't know if it matters with what the Sixers did. Horford at the 4 and Tobias at the 3 AND got a really good SG in Richardson for a player that was leaving anyways...good stuff. Just imagine how good they can be if Simmons can improve his shooting enough to the point where he can hit a few 15 footers per game. They can also preserve Embiid by sliding Horford to the 5 for stretches.
They'll still be a good team, but Simmons really has to improve his floor shooting and free throws.

It was embarrassing and comical to see how he didn't want to have the ball in his hands in the 4th qtr. He couldn't wait to get it out of his hands.

That's not good when your PG doesn't want the ball in his hands. They need him to set up the offense.

The current Knicks are one of the most horribly ran franchises in the history of professional sports

They'll still be a good team, but Simmons really has to improve his floor shooting and free throws.

It was embarrassing and comical to see how he didn't want to have the ball in his hands in the 4th qtr. He couldn't wait to get it out of his hands.

That's not good when your PG doesn't want the ball in his hands. They need him to set up the offense.

Yes, he is key. Just need to shoot well enough to keep defenses honest. I think he makes decent improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT