ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New TV purchase

GENAC

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2010
I've learned a lot on here from various members talking about cord cutting and wondering if there are any amateur experts on what to look for when buying a new TV. I'm hoping to get one for a deal on Black Friday for my new house. This will be my new main TV so I'm trying to get the best reasonably priced TV.

It can only be 55" maximum. From what I gather, OLED is the best option. I'm using RTings.com but don't really know what else to do. For example, the LG B9 OLED is around $1200 and has an 8.8 mixed usage rating on RTings. That seems pretty dang good to me. However, there are cheaper models that still pull 8.3 on RTings for under $500.

I get that OLED is the best and 8.8 > 8.3. But that .5 doesn't seem worth more than $700. And I'm buying this TV along with buying a new house so an extra $700 could be useful a lot of other places.

I get that there's always a better picture available. For what it's worth, I currently have a cheap 45" TV in my relatively small living room. It was just one of the ones on special at Kohls a few years ago. 4k, but I don't have any 4k content.

Sorry, I know that's a lot of information. Fire away at me.

Reactions: artp5 and ddurm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News