ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL QB/Cowboys???

Every game that goes by makes that 2021 draft look worse. Skipping over all of those linemen. Your first rounder is hobbled and you aren't getting the ball to the second pick. The third pick didn't dress and the fourth pick is struggling. It's so bad you're afraid to put your first '22 pick on the field.
Yeah I wanted a ol and said at the time I would go ol in rounds 1,2 and 3. A counter point is fiermuth is a really good TE and najee is a good back as well so they got two studs. But they didn't fix the ol and still haven't. Maybe a guard in fa and a tackle with pick 1, assuming they will draft around 15, and they can get the ol back to being decent.

DaNooch at 5-1. At least in the betting parlors in Dallas!

BetOnline.ag floated out some other candidates with gambling odds tied to them.

The favorite among possibilities for the next quarterback that Dallas will acquire is Garrett Gilbert at 4/1. He was with the Cowboys as recently as 2020. The next name on the list is Ben DiNucci at 5/1.

After attending Pitt and James Madison, the Pine-Richland product was selected by the Cowboys in the seventh round of the 2020 NFL Draft. He played in three games and accumulated an 0-1 record.

Mason Rudolph has 14/1 odds to be traded to the Cowboys. Even Ben Roethlisberger is on the board at 50/1 odds to come out of retirement and sign with Jerry Jones.

Apparently they are trying to woo Fitzmagic out of retirement. Probably best case scenario for them.

And that one time they played against each other in the Super Bowl.

Of course I guess you could argue that was all about the stats, since Roethlisberger was 25-40 for 263 with two tds and 2 ints while Rodgers was 24-39 for 304 with three tds and 0 interceptions.
If the Left Guard holds his block a split second longer, Ben would have been 26-40 for 335 yards, 3TDs and 1 int. And he’d have won.

ifs and buts…I know. And I’m no Ben apologist. As Cowher famously said “there’s a fine line between winning and losing”.

Yeah I wanted a ol and said at the time I would go ol in rounds 1,2 and 3. A counter point is fiermuth is a really good TE and najee is a good back as well so they got two studs. But they didn't fix the ol and still haven't. Maybe a guard in fa and a tackle with pick 1, assuming they will draft around 15, and they can get the ol back to being decent.
RB's generally aren't worth much without a good OL and there are plenty of one dimensional TE's laying around. They blew it thinking a guy that played four games at Center in college was worth waiting on when the guy starting for KC tonight, who went right after Tomlin picked a TE, will be an all-pro very soon.

Good to great Rb and TE are easy to find in the draft. They should have gone heavy on OL just like you said.

But who is quality at those picks ?
Things don’t happen in a vacuum
That's just it. They were in jail in 2021 with the draft. Christ, the Raiders already cut an OL who was picked 16th, and no OL went after the Steelers until the 37th overall pick which was 17 after the Steelers took Harris. Teven Jenkins selected by the Bears also was considered to be cut.

I mean it would have likely made sense for the Steelers to move down to say the 30's and pick up an OL and an extra 3rd, but that is hindsight and there are no guarantees then. Also everyone points to Creed Humphrey, but he lasted until the 63rd pick.

Kendrick Green was just a bad pick. The Steelers couldn't have traded up because they lost alot of draft capital in trading up for Devin Bush then also trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick. One of those looks like a good move.

That's just it. They were in jail in 2021 with the draft. Christ, the Raiders already cut an OL who was picked 16th, and no OL went after the Steelers until the 37th overall pick which was 17 after the Steelers took Harris. Teven Jenkins selected by the Bears also was considered to be cut.

I mean it would have likely made sense for the Steelers to move down to say the 30's and pick up an OL and an extra 3rd, but that is hindsight and there are no guarantees then. Also everyone points to Creed Humphrey, but he lasted until the 63rd pick.

Kendrick Green was just a bad pick. The Steelers couldn't have traded up because they lost alot of draft capital in trading up for Devin Bush then also trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick. One of those looks like a good move.
I mean - their deprioritizing the OL for years is an issue .
But nothing gets fixed there in 1 draft
and they were in One Last Ride for Ben mode .

the busts at cb are also an issue
I’d we want to be honest - but they find enough talent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT