ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Nutting Is All In

Filiphony on the FAN actually made a good point. This could be the first step towards trading Harrison. Allows Frazier to leave the OF and move to second base, freeing up Harrison.

Interesting theory.

Solid, but he at 5.9m with TB picking up 1m. Hudson at 5.5m. so...

Reverse the cash. Pirates are paying the $1MM.

Still $20MM to play with, maybe they give some short term contracts to pitching and figure one of the guys will work out and the rest will be depth.

Between Dickerson and the signing of Saunders I think they seem to have LF pretty well covered now.

Reactions: TIGER-PAUL
So that makes about 7 guys at camp trying out for Left field. I feel better already.

Though I will say, I think he is the best of the group and should be the starter with Saunders as #4.

Reactions: PA_Panther
This is actually a good move. I have no idea why Tampa Bay would be willing to take that bum Hudson back at that salary.

And yes I do think this could lead to trading Harrison if someone was willing to take on his contract. I don't think there is really a market for Harrison though due to this contract. At least not from the standpoint that anyone would give up anything at all for him taking back his contract.

Good move for sure.

To be honest, if we traded Cutch for Dickerson, that would have been an OK deal. But getting rid of Hudson is great in my opinion.

They still suck. Nutting still only cares about making a profit. This move won't trick me into caring.
I agree they still suck and Nutting only cares about making a profit. But this was a solid pickup. So, I'm not sure how I feel. This team doesn't stink, but it's not going anywhere either....I guess I could watch a few games this year.

This will be an interesting year for baseball as there are 6 super teams and the rest of MLB has no real chance of going deep in the playoffs as the underdog will have to o my face another superteam. The casual fan is not going to show up to a game when the team has no chance in the playoffs and I am not just talking the Pirates but all teams unless you are the Cub, Astros, Yankees, Dodgers, Nationals, or Giants. I expect to see attendance down significantly across all of baseball this year.

Reactions: paulbl99
Priorities for professional and college sports evolves as technology advances.

Today's priorities:
  • Super teams = super TV ratings.
  • Super TV ratings = super advertising revenue
  • Super advertising revenue = super payouts to pro owners and to the P5 universities
  • And that is what is most important, not butts in the seats at the stadiums, arenas, etc. Attendance is trending downward in most sports, pro or college. That's not going to reverse because of many reasons that have been discussed here before.

I agree they still suck and Nutting only cares about making a profit. But this was a solid pickup. So, I'm not sure how I feel. This team doesn't stink, but it's not going anywhere either....I guess I could watch a few games this year.
Looking for good news.
Any Bucco good news at all.

This will be an interesting year for baseball as there are 6 super teams and the rest of MLB has no real chance of going deep in the playoffs as the underdog will have to o my face another superteam. The casual fan is not going to show up to a game when the team has no chance in the playoffs and I am not just talking the Pirates but all teams unless you are the Cub, Astros, Yankees, Dodgers, Nationals, or Giants. I expect to see attendance down significantly across all of baseball this year.

Indians should be pretty good again too

Reactions: Ronnyp91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT