ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pete Rose calls BS on MLB

Never betted against his Reds. So his actions had no effect on any game outcome. He’s right.
You actually believe that? The dude is a big time liar who knows if he ever admitted to betting against his team he'd loose all the goodwill from the Cincy fans and Boomers. Also even with betting on the Reds it still messes with the integrity of the game, he could have jacked pitchers arms he might have kept in to long because he had money on the game and if he doesn't bet on the Reds to win a certain game it's a signal to the bookies the Reds don't have a chance that day.

The one thing you can't do in baseball for the past 100 years is bet on the game, it's posted in every clubhouse from the Rookie League to the Big's and that scumbag couldn't follow that one thing.

Never betted against his Reds. So his actions had no effect on any game outcome. He’s right.
gee, if that were the rule and had anything to do with breaking it that might actually make sense...
betting on baseball means banishment...no blurred lines here.

This actually isn’t true. If he bet on his own team he could certainly make moves that would hurt his team in other games. Draining his bullpen, playing guys instead of giving them a needed rest day, and other situations could easily have a negative impact on the team moving forward.

I knew Pete for years, he’s a lousy gambler with a serious gambling problem. Haven’t seen him in a few years, but have enough mutual acquaintances that I know nothing has changed.

Pete Rose as a player is more deserving to be in the HOF than 1/2 of the HOF. His crime was as a coach. And I feel he has a very good point.

Pete Rose as a player is more deserving to be in the HOF than 1/2 of the HOF. His crime was as a coach. And I feel he has a very good point.
once again his crime was breaking a rule that means banishment...doing it as a coach is irrelevant... bet on baseball while a part of baseball means you are banished from the game and all its trappings forevermore... not sure why anyone even debates this as it is like debating whether rain is wet or not and if you get rained on on a Tuesday you are really not wet...

Reactions: CaPAPITT76
Pete Rose was banished. Current situation doesn't mean he should be unbanished. The players from the Astros who actively participated in cheating should be punished in some way.

All that being said, I think Rose's ban should be lifted before he dies. I think he has served an adequate punishment.

I think Rose is sort of right. I agree he should be punished for Betting on baseball as manager. I have no pity for him at all.

But he is absolutely right about these current players cheating and the lack of punishment.

Not sure which is technically more wrong..I would lean towards Rose because I am sure he bet against the Reds despite that never being proven but the Astros players clearly impacted the outcome of games with blatant cheating so I don't know how you really absolve those players with no punishment.

I think Rose is sort of right. I agree he should be punished for Betting on baseball as manager. I have no pity for him at all.

He has been punished, he's been left out of baseball for 30 years.

He has been punished, he's been left out of baseball for 30 years.

Obviously.

I am saying he deserves his punishment so I have no pity for him. But he is right that the Astros players getting off is B.S.

Obviously.

I am saying he deserves his punishment so I have no pity for him. But he is right that the Astros players getting off is B.S.
Myself, I think he should get in the HofF, he's been punished enough.

Myself, I think he should get in the HofF, he's been punished enough.

I would have no issue with that as well. He can still be in the HOF and not be active participant in baseball. Ban him from Coaching/GM/having any role with any organization but put him in HOF.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
the Astros players clearly impacted the outcome of games with blatant cheating so I don't know how you really absolve those players with no punishment

There is no deterrent if there are no penalties. The owner got a slap on the wrist. The manager and GM got crushed but can come back. The players? I don't know how you let that go unless the union is just so powerful now that MLB can't touch them.

Actually, I don't see what's wrong with betting on yourself to win.
Lincoln Hawk did it and it worked out. got custody of his son, a ton of money, even a really nice Rig.. Risky move though, i always thought. what if he lost? He sold his truck and as a truck driver, owner/operator, he'd have had nothing..

I guess that's what seperates Lincoln Hawk from us mere mortals..

You actually believe that? The dude is a big time liar who knows if he ever admitted to betting against his team he'd loose all the goodwill from the Cincy fans and Boomers. Also even with betting on the Reds it still messes with the integrity of the game, he could have jacked pitchers arms he might have kept in to long because he had money on the game and if he doesn't bet on the Reds to win a certain game it's a signal to the bookies the Reds don't have a chance that day.

The one thing you can't do in baseball for the past 100 years is bet on the game, it's posted in every clubhouse from the Rookie League to the Big's and that scumbag couldn't follow that one thing.
Biggest egomaniac in sports history.

I would have no issue with that as well. He can still be in the HOF and not be active participant in baseball. Ban him from Coaching/GM/having any role with any organization but put him in HOF.
Pete Rose was banished. Current situation doesn't mean he should be unbanished. The players from the Astros who actively participated in cheating should be punished in some way.

All that being said, I think Rose's ban should be lifted before he dies. I think he has served an adequate punishment.
He should be in, however without a traditional ceremony. Display his traditional bust and a plaque outlining his crimes against baseball for all to see, but do it under the cover of night. No advanced notice if possible so he doesn’t get fanfare.

Lincoln Hawk did it and it worked out. got custody of his son, a ton of money, even a really nice Rig.. Risky move though, i always thought. what if he lost? He sold his truck and as a truck driver, owner/operator, he'd have had nothing..

I guess that's what seperates Lincoln Hawk from us mere mortals..

Had to be rigged, Bull Hurley was in Hawk’s head to such an extent that he’d been ducking him for years. Hawk lost to freaking John Grizzly in the prelims for God’s sake, no way that guy is able to beat Bull Hurley straight up.

Rose is a Hall of Fame player and should be in the Hall of Fame. Bonds and Clemens should be in as well. Tell the full story of these guys, but do tell the story. They are a part of baseball history and are some of the best to do it, even if they had some questionable actions along the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT