ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pittsburgh pizza

KennyHeisman8

Assistant Coach
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2021
I’m sorry. Most of it sucks. 95% of the local places, the non chain ones serve the same, frankly kind of gross pizza that is undercooked and has crust that is essentially the consistency of Italian bread.

A couple more leaves are good. Slice on broadway comes to mind for a ny style pie. I like Mineo’s and fioris. Iron born is great for Detroit style. However the places we have in the north hills like Adrian’s, large plain, masies, etc all seem to serve copies of crap. I’d rather go to Pizza Hut than places like that.

I have heard that the big issue is all of these local places don’t make anything in house. They go to restaurant depot and buy all the same stuff which makes sense given y experiences with them.

I’m also convinced Pittsburghers have really bad taste in pizza. Places like Adrian’s get pretty good recommendations and reviews. Same with center ave slice in west view. I think they both suck. Maybe it’s the fact they’ve never been out of the city where if you go to NYC or NJ there is always a place super close that is better than just about anything here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.