ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Playbook documentary on Netflix

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
A show about five different coaches in different sports. The episode they did on Jose was absolutely spellbinding. Why we aren’t paying him anything he wants to coach U.S. is beyond me.

A show about five different coaches in different sports. The episode they did on Jose was absolutely spellbinding. Why we aren’t paying him anything he wants to coach U.S. is beyond me.
Jose Kanucee?

Probably because the way his teams always play doesn't fit the players we have, even a little bit.

It would make for great TV, his pressers would be must watch. But I think he would have to completely change his style to get the most out of the team. And he doesn't strike me as a guy who would even consider that his way is not the right way.

Probably because the way his teams always play doesn't fit the players we have, even a little bit.

It would make for great TV, his pressers would be must watch. But I think he would have to completely change his style to get the most out of the team. And he doesn't strike me as a guy who would even consider that his way is not the right way.
I kind of disagree with you. I think he would find the candidates that fit his style and the sky is the
limit after that.

I kind of disagree with you. I think he would find the candidates that fit his style and the sky is the
limit after that.

But this isn't club soccer. He can't just "find the candidates that fit his style", because those players who are also good enough to play international soccer at a high level pretty much do not exist. And give how little time a national team coach actually spends with the players he can't even really "coach 'em up".

But this isn't club soccer. He can't just "find the candidates that fit his style", because those players who are also good enough to play international soccer at a high level pretty much do not exist. And give how little time a national team coach actually spends with the players he can't even really "coach 'em up".
So you are saying there are only 20 guys in the pool for the national team? That is nonsense. There are lots of guys who are good enough to play but a coach does not want them for their game And style. You are really reaching here.

The USSF prints money. They can honestly pay him like $50 million/year and not sweat it. Not saying they should but they could. Instead, we'll hire Jesse Marsch

So you are saying there are only 20 guys in the pool for the national team? That is nonsense. There are lots of guys who are good enough to play but a coach does not want them for their game And style. You are really reaching here.

Well name some of these guys who are as good as guys like Pulisic and Aaronson and Dest and Robinson and the other guys who don't play the way that Mourinho wants to play that the US can call up instead of those guys.

It just seems odd to me that you think that there are all these world class players in the US player pool that just can't seem to find their way onto the team.

Jose has a very short half-life as a coach. He often has early success but can’t maintain it. When things go south, he always blames the players. Twice when he was replaced during the season and claimed the players just weren’t good enough, the new coach has won big with those same players.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Jose has a very short half-life as a coach. He often has early success but can’t maintain it. When things go south, he always blames the players. Twice when he was replaced during the season and claimed the players just weren’t good enough, the new coach has won big with those same players.
Well our coaches so far have had a zero life.

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT